Monks ale.
        That looks delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by ridge reaper View Post
          That looks delicious!
          looks like burnt motor oil to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

Found my first batch of Oktoberfest last night. I forgot how much I love this beer. Also got the rahr version. So good
            I bought this in a can last week, I have never seen it in a can before.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
              looks like burnt motor oil to me.
              It was wonderful!

Comment

That shiner Oktoberfest is good but a little empty compared to some others

Comment

I think I might want to go have a beer right now lol.

Comment

I need a little help. The long term Labor Day weekend wine fest at the church across the road from my casa is no more. I will miss all of the hot chicks dressed up really nice in the tight dresses but they are replacing it with a brew fest. And craft beer is my thing over wine.
                    I need a strategy on how to taste many brews in the two-day event. Fifty craft brewers. I'm thinking about just sticking to one style. The event is a short walk from the house.

Comment

Beer....

Review from tonight... The owner of Prairie posted on my FB review and indicated the Texas release is better than others around the U.S. Thought that was pretty awesome.

For those interested...
                      Prairie Okie
                      Imperial Brown Ale in Oak Whiskey Barrels
                      12% ABV

Picked this up on the way home today after seeing a post by Lone Star Beverages in Carrollton, TX. (Thanks Sajjad Sam Ali) I usually like Prairie, but generally it's the stouts that interest me. I started in craft beer drinking Brown Ale so this one really caught my attention.

It pours a deep ruddy brown that is fairly transparent for the color. The head is a really light tan that stays around for the duration of the drink.

The nose... Oh the nose! Sugary, caramel, toffee, toasted marshmallow, earthy oak, beautiful whiskey and pretty much diabetes, but in a good way. I'm a whiskey fan and this made me week in the knees.

Time for the tasting... Yup... Diabetes. It feels like it coats your tongue (and teeth) on the first taste. Excellent mouth feel and just the right carbonation. The taste matches the smell with a burnt sugar, malty, robust flavor followed by an oaked whiskey finish. This stuff is boozy and absolutely delightful.

Overall, it's my new favorite from Prairie. I wish the price point was about 30% lower, but I'll buy it regardless, and they seem to know that. I think this will age well so buy one to drink and 10 to cellar.
                      Last edited by Kevin; 08-26-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMullet View Post
                        Bingo.

X3

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                          Review from tonight... The owner of Prairie posted on my FB review and indicated the Texas release is better than others around the U.S. Thought that was pretty awesome.

For those interested...
                          Prairie Okie
                          Imperial Brown Ale in Oak Whiskey Barrels
                          12% ABV

Picked this up on the way home today after seeing a post by Lone Star Beverages in Carrollton, TX. (Thanks Sajjad Sam Ali) I usually like Prairie, but generally it's the stouts that interest me. I started in craft beer drinking Brown Ale so this one really caught my attention.

It pours a deep ruddy brown that is fairly transparent for the color. The head is a really light tan that stays around for the duration of the drink.

The nose... Oh the nose! Sugary, caramel, toffee, toasted marshmallow, earthy oak, beautiful whiskey and pretty much diabetes, but in a good way. I'm a whiskey fan and this made me week in the knees.

Time for the tasting... Yup... Diabetes. It feels like it coats your tongue (and teeth) on the first taste. Excellent mouth feel and just the right carbonation. The taste matches the smell with a burnt sugar, malty, robust flavor followed by an oaked whiskey finish. This stuff is boozy and absolutely delightful.

Overall, it's my new favorite from Prairie. I wish the price point was about 30% lower, but I'll buy it regardless, and they seem to know that. I think this will age well so buy one to drink and 10 to cellar.
                          I went to the Prairie brewery last year.. They make some awesome beers

Comment

I am headed to Vancouver on my way to my hunt in BC in a few weeks. I cannot wait to hit up some craft beer bars up there.. I have two that i am planning on checking out.. There are some really good beers up that way..

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              I am headed to Vancouver on my way to my hunt in BC in a few weeks. I cannot wait to hit up some craft beer bars up there.. I have two that i am planning on checking out.. There are some really good beers up that way..
                              I hear Peche Mortel is a great brew.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                                I need a little help. The long term Labor Day weekend wine fest at the church across the road from my casa is no more. I will miss all of the hot chicks dressed up really nice in the tight dresses but they are replacing it with a brew fest. And craft beer is my thing over wine.
                                I need a strategy on how to taste many brews in the two-day event. Fifty craft brewers. I'm thinking about just sticking to one style. The event is a short walk from the house.
                                http://mountainwestbrewfest.com
                                Every time I go to a show I just try whatever. I don't really care for ipa beers. I will only try a couple. I really like stouts and porters. I usually check out who is supposed to be there and see what they have and go from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X