Progress At The Farm......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dfabilene View Post
    Curious as to why you're using cattle panels?
    Much heavier gauge material, stronger, last longer, if one gets damaged its easy to replace, panels do not require stretching, they were 50" tall vs hog wire that was 47"-48", etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
      Toys at work clearing the fence line.........

http://youtu.be/ViyotOUuRAQ
      That was cool, didn't know those excavators could knock over trees like that...very cool.

Comment

Getting lime put on the pastures today.

Last edited by Tbar; 01-21-2015, 01:41 PM.

Comment

that will make for a busy Schedule F for sure!!!

Looking great

Comment

Originally posted by Tbar View Post
            1500' of new fence back in the woods. Have spent the last two days tying up 94 cattle panels to 180+ tee posts. Still have a full days work to go. I'm hurt'n this morning. Direct attachment to the barb wire top and bottom for extra strength.
            You gonna raise buffalo?

Comment

You sir, do not screw around. I wish I could afford to make progress on my ranch in chunks this big!!

Comment

that is awesome! Super jealous and wish I had the money

Curious also why hog panels instead of barb wire...Please explain your plans as it will make more sense then!

Simply amazing

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  that is awesome! Super jealous and wish I had the money

Curious also why hog panels instead of barb wire...Please explain your plans as it will make more sense then!

Simply amazing
                  A dozen ways to build a fence. I didn't want barb wire and cattle panels were much heavier gauge wire than field fence. Also, it was strongly suggested I cut the trees back 50' on either side of the fence to keep a tree/limb from falling on it. I like my trees....so I only had them cut back 30'. Figured if a tree/limb falls on it its easy to replace a 16' cattle panel. I'm no expert.....its just the way I decided to do it.

Comment

Looks great. Wish i could borrow your toys and crew for one day for my little 21 acres. =)

Comment

Looking Great! Congrats!

Comment

Cleaning up around the place.......I bought skid steer pallet forks yesterday to make this job easier.

Comment

Looking good Sir

Comment

that fence ought to last a couple of generations

Comment

Looking good T-Bar!

Comment

fence looks great! Ill never forget the summer we did the fire pen around camp. My fingers were killing me. Me and a mini screw driver, tying fence posts...all .day...long...passed out twice but got it done. 10 years later, still looks good!

It was tough until a lil old man showed me how to do it with a screwdriver. Way faster than the fence pliers.

You have a beautiful piece of heaven right there. And a lot of fun toys to play with. lol. Very cool!
                                Last edited by Chuy; 01-28-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X