Toilet leak help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toilet leak help

My toilet has been running a lot... some times it will stopand start again,.... I replaced the float and it worked for few weeks and now doing it again any ideas?

How old is the flapper? Tank may be draining down.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
      How old is the flapper? Tank may be draining down.
      This is the problem. You are losing water there, causing the float valve to open again, and again, and....

Comment

Its not a flapper its plastic tube that goes up when flushed

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
          That's the float. The flapper covers the hole at the bottom of the tank.

Comment

Its a kolher canister

Comment

Regardless whether it is a tube or flapper, it is likely leaking around where it seats. Look at it or the seat where it should seal.

Comment

I agree with what's said above. Regardless of how it seals, the seal needs to be cleaned or replaced. No other way to look at it, if the toilets running then the tanks leaking. If there's no water on the floor then it HAS to be at the seal that's keeping the water in the tank.

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by webstertroy View Post
                  you might check and see if there is some trashed on the seat where your flapper and the tank meet. or check the rubber seal and make sure there aren't any cracks or missing rubber.

Comment

The sound is differnt after the water turns off and stops filling its a hissing sound from the float

Comment

is the water going over the overflow tube if it is then you need to adjust the float so the tank doesn't fill up that high

Comment

There is a yellow gasket under the kohler flush tube, when it goes bad it will cause it to leak by. That sounds like your problem to me. You might have to go to a plumbing supply house, im not sure if lowes/home depot has them.

Comment

Mine has a red gasket under looks just fine and is clean....right when the water stops the noise starts.... kinda sounds like the waterturns off but still is trying to go in...

Comment

Float may need to be adjusted down as previously stated.

Comment

I just took float halfway down and then all the way and same thing

Comment

Working...
                              X