Great find/buy Vintage Coleman two burner stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXAUfinder View Post
    Have one my dad bought new. Still use it. Love it.
    Same here. The thing was made to last.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      I remember pumping away on my dad's old stove and lantern. Had many a good trot lining trips in the john boat with the lantern lighting the way and lots of catfish for dinner that my mom cooked up at camp the next day. Wish life was still that simple.

Me too brother. My dad said he really missed that old camp stove. I could tell he was remembering many adventures he had and that old stove was right there with him.

Comment

Got the other stove working. All it needed was a little oil poured into the hole. Holds pressure great and fired right up.

Comment

Remembering the deer lease growing and I can't help but remember the smell of the Coleman lanterns and two burner stove like that one. This thread brings a flood of those memories back.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post

At this time I have 9 lanterns and 3 stoves.

Seven of my lanterns burn great. I have two to rebuild. Two of my stoves run great. I have one taken apart for a complete rebuild. Most of my Coleman stoves and lanterns are 40 to 60 years old. One of my "new" lanterns is a 1982 CL2 that is my tracking lantern. I don't go on a hunt without it.

I have a 1967 200A red single mantle that is like new and burns super bright. I have a 1963 Sears (made by Coleman) blue and black "big hat" that burns just as bright as it did 51 years ago. Coleman stoves and lanterns are really easy to rebuild. Most parts are still available if you know where to find them.

I will see you tomorrow Timm for lunch.
            I have an old one in the original box. I'll have to take pictures and post it up.

Comment

I run across tons of this stuff all the time in my wife's estate sale business. often it's pristine. We usually let it go pretty cheap. It's the nature of the beast. We try to price it right but if a collector doesn't show up to negotiate with... well... our job is to get rid of it. Are there specific pieces people look for?

Comment

I have 4 or 5 lanterns and a two burner stove just like the one in the OP's picture.

I bought them in pawn shops over the years an I don't think I paid over $10.00 apiece for any of them.

Love me some old Colemen stuff

Comment

Very cool, I have one just like that from the early 60's that Dad would fire up when we were kids at the coast. I'll see if I can get it fired up, love the old Coleman lanterns and stoves.

Comment

check this out, just got these new in the box from my mother in law, they bought them to us in the event of a hurricane. Check out the receipt from 1975.

Comment

Use

Comment

Very nice!!!!

Comment

Its hard to beat a 200A.

Comment

I have one of them old stoves and two lanterns one works one doesn't haven't tried the stove in a while, I think I will though ate a many meal off of one when I was a kid.

Comment

Didn't the older stoves and lamps use an oiled leather seal? I have the one my dad bought in the early 70's. Like others, we used the bejeezus outta ours every summer. I haven't used it in 20 years, but I reckon that I could get it working in short order.

cricman

Comment

Most of my really good outdoor memories include something with the Coleman brand in them. I have two stoves and a lantern. The lantern blew off the car top rack on the way to a campout. I straightened out the top and put new glass in it and it works just fine. Boy I was p.o.ed when that happened. I treasure my camping gear and like to take care of it.

My stoves are pretty nasty from grease splatter. Anyone know a good trick for removing thirty year old gummed up grease?

I also have an older, light green Coleman heater. I've only had it about thirty five years and only messed with it a little bit and remember that I wasn't happy with it. That was pre Google days so maybe I can dig up some information on it now.

This thread brings back so many memories...now I am thinking of the old green and white steel clad ice chest that served the family from the time that I was about six until well after my own kids were that age.

Comment

Working...
                                X