Finally, live log cabin build!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
    Full masonry fireplace or did you go with an insert of some kind? That's not full dimension stone, right? Looks like the thinner veneer, but I'm still learning.

Went with an insert. And yes it’s thin cut. We poured the slab there to handle the extra weight but it’s was much cheaper to go this route vs full masonry.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Comment

Just need floor tile and grout. Tile guy does a pretty good job. Waiting on rock guy to come back and finish laying rock. Hopefully tomorrow.

Comment

Forgot to show this: I made this trap door for the back wall of the upstairs closet. It’s so HVAC can reach the inside unit if need be. We have return air running through that closet as well, so the door for the closet is louvered. I’m proud of this since we pieced it together with the last bit of cedar we had. Don’t hate lol.

Comment

All tile work and grout is done. Here are final pics of upstairs.

Rock guy will be back out tomorrow to finish his work. He’ll be done sometime this weekend. Flooring and cabinets could go in next week.

Comment

Fireplace and accent wall in bathroom is complete.

Put new dimmable Edison bulbs in the chandelier as well. Here is bathroom wall.

Flooring is finally scheduled for next Thursday and Friday, and cabinets will go in the following week.

Here are the choices for granite tops. Black pearl for the kitchen.

Rainforest brown for downstairs vanity top. Upstairs has the whiskey barrel so those are the only two places we need tops.

Comment

Flooring is down.

Cabinets go in Tuesday. Then more hard work casing windows, doors, and hanging trim. Pray for a dry spell so we can dig a hole for septic!! That’ll be what holds us up lol.

Oh, and the name of the carpet color? Arrowhead [emoji2]

Comment

Cabinets are 95% in (minus 2 doors that need to be adjusted).

TV stand

Downstairs vanity

Upstairs linen cabinet

Kitchen. EXTREMELY happy with how everything turned out.

Comment

All trim is stained and sealed.

Louvered door for upstairs closet to accommodate return air for A/C.

Better pics of interior doors.

Comment

Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hung 3 of the 7 sets of interior doors.

Water heater closet

Door into downstAirs bathroom

Door to laundry closet in downstairs bathroom

Will finish the rest tomorrow hopefully, minus the pantry door (which is missing the jamb for it). Then we will case out the windows, and hopefully get them done this weekend. Then hang baseboards and trim starting next week.

Countertop folks will be out tomorrow to measure for them, and glass guys for showers are measuring Friday for a bid. We’re in the home stretch!!

Comment

Been backed up at work working 12 hours a day so I haven’t had time to work too much. Countertops are going in next week. Here is some of the progress lately. Don’t hate on my trim work lol

Triangular windows are done. Lower windows are down now as well, I just don’t have pics.

Upstairs closet door. Louvered for return air. This door was ridiculously expensive.

Both sides of the upstairs bathroom door.

Upstairs balcony door in bedroom

Whiskey barrel vanity upstairs

Still got lots of trim work to do, but maybe, just maybe, we’ll be in by middle of next month. Still have to have septic put in, counter tops, shower and tub glass, and all plumbing and electrical fixtures installed.

Comment

looks great !!!

Comment

Looks real nice, getting closer.

Comment

Wow that granite is going to look awesome.... Not sure if you can out do that fire place.. That thing is awesome.

Comment

Thanks guys. Can’t wait to be done for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X