X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
    It ain’t hard when you have to save for it lol

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
    Robby, congrats on your build. I just came across this thread this morning. Me and my wife are building our home ourselves and it's taking a long time too when monies and time are available.

It's been alot of hard work but when it's done you and the Mrs will have alot of satisfaction.

Comment

Awesome build! Can't wait for when my wife and I are ready to build on our property.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
        Robby, congrats on your build. I just came across this thread this morning. Me and my wife are building our home ourselves and it's taking a long time too when monies and time are available.

It's been alot of hard work but when it's done you and the Mrs will have alot of satisfaction.

So y’all can understand our pain! It is definitely a labor of love for sure.

Comment

Got the scaffolding out on the stairs to finish the peak of the upstairs wall. It was nerve racking to say the least. The peak is all we got done tonight. Gonna close up downstairs ceilings tomorrow night.

Comment

Covered ceiling in kitchen tonight.

Comment

It looks great.

I can't get over the time frame. Was this part of the plan all together or did life get in the way & cause some hickeys?

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                It looks great.

I can't get over the time frame. Was this part of the plan all together or did life get in the way & cause some hickeys?

Good luck!

Life happened. Emptied our savings to get in the dry first. Then paid as we go from there. Finally have enough now to totally finish.

Comment

Bathroom ceilings. Gonna do downstairs bedroom ceiling and laundry closet ceiling tomorrow.

Comment

Downstairs bedroom ceiling finished

Laundry closet ceiling done

Pantry walls and ceilings complete

Started on upstairs master bedroom walls. This is the wall to the balcony. Cedar for bedroom closets should be here this week along with trim and we should be receiving interior doors as well. Progress is going a big better. The 1x6 is definitely easier to deal with compared to the match face 1x8. More of that coming as well so we can close the stair wall and go up from there.

Comment

This is all we got done tonight. Did more brainstorming on the ceilings upstairs. Lots of angles and cutting due to the roof pitch for the gable dormer at a 4:12 and the perpendicular side being 10:12 (as in the picture noted).

Comment

Wow! I missed this thread but got caught up now. That is awesome! Congratulations on all of your hard work. It is really looking nice.

Comment

Did the little area in the upstairs bathroom where a custom linen cabinet is going. Cabinet guy is coming tomorrow to take final measurements now that walls are up where he needs them and he’ll start on cabinets. Rock guy is coming tomorrow or Friday to measure for fireplace and get rock ordered and on the way as well. Got a helper coming to help me and my wife hang the vaulted ceiling boards in the living room the next couple Sundays. Outside of those ceilings I think we could be totally finished closing up walls and the upstairs ceiling in the next week and a half. Maybe be done with all that by the end of the month, then everyone else can come in and do their thing.

Comment

Electrician started mounting some lights today In the downstairs bathroom. Also Got lots of the upstairs bedroom walls done up to the ceiling. The ceiling has some crazy angles in it so we are leery of starting them. Cabinet guy came today to take final measurements and is going to start them Monday. Rock guy came for final measurements today as well so we can get rock ordered tomorrow since it has a 2 week lead time. I’ll include pics of what we did and pics of the ceiling angles for reference. Slowly but surely coming together.

DownstAirs vanity light

Bathroom can light

Upstairs bedroom walls

Upstairs ceiling angles. Any advice would
                            be greatly appreciated and accepted lol

Comment

The last two pics are a nightmare unless you have a plan to furr up/down/sideways/scab a ton of bracing for trim/paneling on the ceiling.

Get some cheap 1/8 inch OSB and chop it to fit before using the good stuff too see how it looks.

House looks great but getting them finished right is why everyone doesn't build their own home.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                                The last two pics are a nightmare unless you have a plan to furr up/down/sideways/scab a ton of bracing for trim/paneling on the ceiling.

Get some cheap 1/8 inch OSB and chop it to fit before using the good stuff too see how it looks.

House looks great but getting them finished right is why everyone doesn't build their own home.

Thanks for the advice on the OSB. And yeah I get that about everyone. I’m cheap and already have a house, and am fairly handy with tools, and have some spare time so I have time to brainstorm and play this out before I put final product down. Any other advice?

Comment

Working...
                                X