Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
    Sorry to hear that bphillips! Hope it sin't as bad as you think and that it gets better quick! Prayers^^

There are sure a lot of us hurting because of the downturn. It's going to be a very rough patch for what seems like it's going to be a pretty long time. SUX! I keep telling myself to "Embrace the Suck!" but it's sure **** hard to keep a head up sometimes.....especially when you have a house full of mouths depending on you.
    Thanks.. Yea it's tough and looking worse but I'm so **** ready to spend long quality time with my wife and kids. Being out of town over 300 days a year the last 4.5yrs has got pretty old.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Thanks.. Yea it's tough and looking worse but I'm so **** ready to spend long quality time with my wife and kids. Being out of town over 300 days a year the last 4.5yrs has got pretty old.
      Tough news to read bud. I hope you enjoy your time at home. Hopefully it's not too long but long enough to decompress from all the crazy of the oil patch! You and your family will be in my prayers. Take care

Comment

Just read an email that hiring and raises are in a freeze and possible lay offs coming. I hope I am safe but who knows.

Comment

Well that was quick. Paperwork got pushed last night and they made money available for us to drill one more. Looks like it's one well at time from here on out. Was excited to spend more time at home but happy to have some more days coming also.

Comment

Well that was quick. Paperwork got pushed last night and they made money available for us to drill one more. Looks like it's one well at time from here on out. Was excited to spend more time at home but happy to have some more days coming also.
            That's good news.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
              That's good news.
              Yep. I guess its paid off finishing fast enough to come in around 1.2mil under budget on the last 3 wells

Comment

Which company do you work for? Had a company man up here in north central Texas tell me the other day that they've got a lot of wells staked that they're hoping to start drilling between March and June. By gosh I hope it happens. I know you want to spend some time at home with the family, but I'd rather see you balls to the wall punching holes!

Comment

^^^That was for bphillips

Comment

Pioneer here in the Permian put on 33 consultants this month. They will be picking up 12-15 more rigs as the year progresses and will need more help I was told. Dont have any names but there is what I was told today at lunch by a Pioneer guy.

Comment

Great news bud!

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                        Pioneer here in the Permian put on 33 consultants this month. They will be picking up 12-15 more rigs as the year progresses and will need more help I was told. Dont have any names but there is what I was told today at lunch by a Pioneer guy.
                        Have heard the same

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post

They're running 18 now. I can't see them running 30-33 rigs this year but it would be good news for me! I hope they do.

Comment

It's still slowing down in the panhandle. Rumor is that Devon is laying off now. Producers are starting to shut in wells. I know our plant is down 13 to 15 million in the last 4 months. Lenorman and BP have been drilling a few but I heard they are almost finished. I hope it pics up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                              It's still slowing down in the panhandle. Rumor is that Devon is laying off now. Producers are starting to shut in wells. I know our plant is down 13 to 15 million in the last 4 months. Lenorman and BP have been drilling a few but I heard they are almost finished. I hope it pics up soon.

Devon around Goliad has been laying off since November. My cousin was a consultant with them. Think they had around 25 in that area. He was cut at the first of the year. They are now down to 7-8 consultants. He was fortunate to be picked up by one of his service companies. Helping the little guys get started with some work payed off for him.

God bless everyone affected by this slow down.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
                                Devon around Goliad has been laying off since November. My cousin was a consultant with them. Think they had around 25 in that area. He was cut at the first of the year. They are now down to 7-8 consultants. He was fortunate to be picked up by one of his service companies. Helping the little guys get started with some work payed off for him.

God bless everyone affected by this slow down.

Ray

Who's your cousin Ray?? We work for Devon in that area and I'm sure we worked for him

Comment

Working...
                                X