No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a cousin who is a big wheel in the OG industry. He is saying that oil will be under 30.00 a barrel before Chistmas. Hang in there to all involved!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
      I have to make some tough decisions next week with our business and some folks we employ! I've held on too long to some of them and it's hard to pull the trigger on these things when these folks have helped my company for so long!!! It's sad times and a bad time of year to be doing this stuff!!!!!![emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]

I feel your pain, I've been there...on both sides. You have to protect the company, and by making the tough decisions you are still providing for the ones you are able to retain. Prayers for His guidance in making those decisions.

I suspect the owner of our company will have to make a similar decision soon, and that could affect several members that post to and monitor this thread...including me. All I can do is focus on selling bits and trusting God's plan.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        I feel your pain, I've been there...on both sides. You have to protect the company, and by making the tough decisions you are still providing for the ones you are able to retain. Prayers for His guidance in making those decisions.

I suspect the owner of our company will have to make a similar decision soon, and that could affect several members that post to and monitor this thread...including me. All I can do is focus on selling bits and trusting God's plan.

Thanks Micheal!!

Prayers for you guys as well!! We have to remember that everything happens for a reason and it's all in Gods plan!! What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!!

God bless each and every one here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
          Really sorry to here this amigo. Its a tough situation to be in as a company owner. Im sure they now you don't want to do this if you've kept them this long.

Ive stayed off this thread due to the sadness it brings and because some MF's have no heart. Just knowing the tough times my TBH brothers and others are in is a major bummer for me.

If it helps anyone the Industrial industry around Corpus is crazy right now. Im in Fire & Safety sales now and this division of the company is growing weekly. The company hired me and my ex boss to start it 6 months ago. Im happy to say we are doing well. Were still not making profits due to the amount of inventory we had to purchase but were steady inching at it.

There is hundreds of job opening for scaffold builders, painters, blasters, single hand welders, fitters, electrical & instrumentation, hydro blasters, chemical techs, etc etc. Basically if you want a job to help you get by these tough times then Corpus has one for you. Most are paying per diem as well. You will not get payed like you were in the field patch but at least you can put some food on the table.

Companies that are hiring now and some that will be for sure in January....

Brand, Brace, Evergreen Enviromental, Veolia, Miller Enviromental, Sage Enviro Tech, Rabalais I&E, Hemi Systems, MMR, and many many others.

If you need any local contact numbers for these companies let me know.

Good luck and god bless you my brothers.

Ray
          Great post, Ray. Thanks for the good info.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

Hang in there fellas! Prayers up for all!

Comment

Originally posted by Poco View Post
              Really sorry to here this amigo. Its a tough situation to be in as a company owner. Im sure they now you don't want to do this if you've kept them this long.

Ive stayed off this thread due to the sadness it brings and because some MF's have no heart. Just knowing the tough times my TBH brothers and others are in is a major bummer for me.

If it helps anyone the Industrial industry around Corpus is crazy right now. Im in Fire & Safety sales now and this division of the company is growing weekly. The company hired me and my ex boss to start it 6 months ago. Im happy to say we are doing well. Were still not making profits due to the amount of inventory we had to purchase but were steady inching at it.

There is hundreds of job opening for scaffold builders, painters, blasters, single hand welders, fitters, electrical & instrumentation, hydro blasters, chemical techs, etc etc. Basically if you want a job to help you get by these tough times then Corpus has one for you. Most are paying per diem as well. You will not get payed like you were in the field patch but at least you can put some food on the table.

Companies that are hiring now and some that will be for sure in January....

Brand, Brace, Evergreen Enviromental, Veolia, Miller Enviromental, Sage Enviro Tech, Rabalais I&E, Hemi Systems, MMR, and many many others.

If you need any local contact numbers for these companies let me know.

Good luck and god bless you my brothers.

Ray

[emoji106]. Thanks ole Ray! I don't know how I missed this earlier brother.

Comment

Natural gas is freakin low.

Comment

Hopefully it'll get cold soon (everywhere but here), that should brace up NG a bit. If they ever get those pipelines into Mexico it should really give NG a boost.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                    Hopefully it'll get cold soon (everywhere but here), that should brace up NG a bit. If they ever get those pipelines into Mexico it should really give NG a boost.
                    We were just awarded a TransCanada pipeline/compressor project in Mexico.
                    It's a cluster of a mess, but it's work. It also means I'll be spending some time at our Mexico City office.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      We were just awarded a TransCanada pipeline/compressor project in Mexico.

It's a cluster of a mess, but it's work. It also means I'll be spending some time at our Mexico City office.

Most of the work gonna be in Mexico or Texas?

Comment

I'm not sure about the scope of the project, there two lines to be built both starting near Ft. Stockton, one goes into Mex at Presidio, Tx. The other near El Paso. Don't know how far into Mexico, I just pick up info from local news, and other contractors around the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                          I have had several out of work welders from the patch come by my shop 'looking for work" and they seem insulted at starting at $20 an hour plus 100% of health insurance for them and family. I get they they were making a lot more "on the road" but the ones I have talked to seem to expect that steady guaranteed 40 hour "at home" work should pay the same "because they were worth it".
                          Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          **** shame people acting that way.. Too many good guys in other areas with families that would take anything with a smile at this point. If someone think they're too good for $20/hr and benefits while they're laid off they deserve to struggle
                          I think that's the reason there is alot of bashing from folks that don't understand the petroleum industry. I know when it was rolling strong guys I knew laughed at me for staying in the plants making just 40-50hrs a week. I'd just nod and say "just keep salting it away fellas, ain't nothing forever". I hope it levels out so everyone can make a living.
                          Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          I don't weld, but I'd certainly learn for $20/hr and full insurance in the interim. Who knows, maybe I'd like it. Last time I welded was over 10 years ago in high school.
                          Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                          A lot of Jr colleges have welding programs. Might be worth looking into. New semester about to start
                          Rumor mill around here is the Houston ship channel is going to have a TON of work next few years, as is Texas City and Freeport. Might keep a few guys going or something to do for a career change.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                            I have to make some tough decisions next week with our business and some folks we employ! I've held on too long to some of them and it's hard to pull the trigger on these things when these folks have helped my company for so long!!! It's sad times and a bad time of year to be doing this stuff!!!!!![emoji20][emoji20][emoji20]
                            kneemails sent up brother

prayers and support sent for everyone feeling the O&G industry crunch

Comment

Prayers sent to all of you.... May your worries be lifted

Comment

I have been in the HVAC industry for the past 6 years in a engineering consulting role, and have been wanting to get into oil. Once I was finally in a place to enter the market via technical skills and connections, the industry started to nosedive. I feel for you guys, as I have family and friends that are experiencing what you are.

Even with this, I hope to still get into the industry when it gets back on the upswing. I wish all of you the best in weathering the storm....

Comment

Working...
                                X