Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
    Saudi Prince says that we'll never see $100.00 barrels of oil again

I read that, the whole thing sounded contrived. No one thought we'd ever see $100 oil in the first place (alternative energy would become feasible way before that price if I remember correctly) no one thought we'd see $50 oil ever again (China and India are industrialized now and have an insatiable demand was the argument for that one) and the EF was going to last 15-20 yrs (well, that one I believe) of course as recently as 20 years ago "experts" were forecasting we'd be out of oil by now!!! We'll see oil come back, and we'll see it crash, most I us more than once. Never say Never or always.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
      But, for the sake of the drillers and producers here in Texas, do we really want the pipeline approved?

If we bring Canadian oil here to Texas to be refined, wouldn't that impact the plays we have here in Texas?
      This Canadian crude is going to be refined somewhere, whether it's in Alberta, or at the refineries in the Great Lakes Region, or on the Gulf Coast. Even though I have recently worked on a new (small) refinery in Alberta that my company is now building, I'd rather have the pipeline and the refinery work here on the Gulf Coast.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
        I'm sure people at WH energy said the same thing when smith bought them in 2007 and people at smith international said the same thing in 2009 when schlumberger bought them and people at baker Hughes said the same thing in 2014 when Halliburton bought them. People at mobile probably said the same thing before Exxon bought them.

They probably did but I HIGHLY doubt things will swing that for us! I got a good feeling, Weatherford is here to keep playing with the big boys.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
          The whole tar sand process is a terribly ugly environmental issue. That is why I always felt like making the Keystone Pipeline such a political hot button was a problem...it is just a bad poster child for conservatives to support. The process rapes the landscape, uses huge amounts of water, and basically turns virgin forests into the pits of Mordor.
          Some might say clearing native brush or timber for cattle or sheep ranching and grazing rapes the landscape. Just a different point of view.

I worked on site at new oil sands project a few years ago, and flew over several sites every 2 to 3 weeks on rotation for over a year. Yes, they are not pretty. I can't speak for the older existing facilities, but the new facility we were building was the most environmentally controlled jobsite I've ever been on. And reclamation is part of the design.

Another thing to put in perspective is that these sites are located in Canada's boreal forest, which is the largest contiguous forest in the world. An oil sands site looks like a postage stamp on a football field from the air. They say over 90% of the forest that existed at first European settlement is still intact, and oil & gas development is a very small percent of the annual deforestation.
          Last edited by Duane; 01-14-2015, 07:58 PM.

Comment

News and outlook article...

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              They probably did but I HIGHLY doubt things will swing that for us! I got a good feeling, Weatherford is here to keep playing with the big boys.
              Getting bought out isn't necessarily a bad thing... retention bonus, promotions, etc. Lots of opportunity sometimes.

WFT
              Fiscal Year Ends: Dec 31
              Most Recent Quarter (mrq): Sep 30, 2014
              Profitability
              Profit Margin (ttm): -2.55%
              Operating Margin (ttm): 6.14%
              Management Effectiveness
              Return on Assets (ttm): 2.62%
              Return on Equity (ttm): -4.12%

Halliburton
              Profitability
              Profit Margin (ttm): 10.69%
              Operating Margin (ttm): 14.96%
              Management Effectiveness
              Return on Assets (ttm): 9.97%
              Return on Equity (ttm): 23.33%

SLB
              Profitability
              Profit Margin (ttm): 14.21%
              Operating Margin (ttm): 19.21%
              Management Effectiveness
              Return on Assets (ttm): 8.61%
              Return on Equity (ttm): 17.98%

NOV
              Profitability
              Profit Margin (ttm): 10.39%
              Operating Margin (ttm): 15.53%
              Management Effectiveness
              Return on Assets (ttm): 6.95%
              Return on Equity (ttm): 12.16%

Baker
              Profitability
              Profit Margin (ttm): 5.48%
              Operating Margin (ttm): 10.47%
              Management Effectiveness
              Return on Assets (ttm): 5.49%
              Return on Equity (ttm): 7.24%

FMC
              Profitability
              Profit Margin (ttm): 9.05%
              Operating Margin (ttm): 13.50%
              Management Effectiveness
              Return on Assets (ttm): 9.82%
              Return on Equity (ttm): 29.90%
              Last edited by kyle1974; 01-14-2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

WFT
                Profitability
                Management Effectiveness
                Dang.... that's no bueno

Comment

Getting bought out isn't necessarily a bad thing... retention bonus, promotions, etc. Lots of opportunity sometimes.

WFT
                  Profitability
                  Management Effectiveness

Halliburton
                  Profitability
                  Profit Margin (ttm): 10.69%
                  Operating Margin (ttm): 14.96%
                  Management Effectiveness
                  Return on Assets (ttm): 9.97%
                  Return on Equity (ttm): 23.33%

SLB
                  Profitability
                  Profit Margin (ttm): 14.21%
                  Operating Margin (ttm): 19.21%
                  Management Effectiveness
                  Return on Assets (ttm): 8.61%
                  Return on Equity (ttm): 17.98%

NOV
                  Profitability
                  Profit Margin (ttm): 10.39%
                  Operating Margin (ttm): 15.53%
                  Management Effectiveness
                  Return on Assets (ttm): 6.95%
                  Return on Equity (ttm): 12.16%

Baker
                  Profitability
                  Profit Margin (ttm): 5.48%
                  Operating Margin (ttm): 10.47%
                  Management Effectiveness
                  Return on Assets (ttm): 5.49%
                  Return on Equity (ttm): 7.24%

FMC
                  Profitability
                  Profit Margin (ttm): 9.05%
                  Operating Margin (ttm): 13.50%
                  Management Effectiveness
                  Return on Assets (ttm): 9.82%
                  Return on Equity (ttm): 29.90%
                  Originally posted by Catarina View Post
                  Dang.... that's no bueno
                  I think more important in these times is the balance sheet of each company. I'd be very leery of any high debt low cash company right now.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                    I think more important in these times is the balance sheet of each company. I'd be very leery of any high debt low cash company right now.
                    8.7 billion in debt with 600 million in cash... and negative profit margins.

WFT
                    Balance Sheet
                    Total Cash (mrq): 582.00M
                    Total Cash Per Share (mrq): 0.75
                    Total Debt (mrq): 8.72B
                    Total Debt/Equity (mrq): 109.78
                    Current Ratio (mrq): 1.83
                    Book Value Per Share (mrq): 10.16

Comment

8.7 billion in debt with 600 million in cash... and negative profit margins.

WFT
                      Balance Sheet
                      Total Cash (mrq): 582.00M
                      Total Cash Per Share (mrq): 0.75
                      Total Debt (mrq): 8.72B
                      Total Debt/Equity (mrq): 109.78
                      Current Ratio (mrq): 1.83
                      Book Value Per Share (mrq): 10.16
                      That's what I was getting at, but didn't want to post it

Comment

Paging JMalin...............your thoughts?

Comment

JMalin is probably busy finishing his Masters degree in World economics! He will be a long shortly.

Buckle up boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride. We just had 2 consultants let go yesterday, glad to have made the first cut, not certain to make the next one. Squeeze those nickels tight!

Comment

Thoughts?? This can't be good for stability...

Lots of other links in the article as well.

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.

Putin Strikes Back: Russia Cuts Off European Gas Supplies, Starts Selling Dollars: “The Decision Has Been Made”

Vladimir Putin has been silent lately. But if anyone thought he had been shamed into defeat or marginalized, then think again.

In the last few hours Russia has announced two key strategic decisions that show they are not going to stand idly by while their economy and way of life are destroyed by Western forces.

First, presumably in response to stiff sanctions leveled by the United States and the European Union after the annexation of Crimea last year, Russia has cut off 60% of Europe’s gas supplies right in the middle of winter. This has caused an almost immediate crisis in six European nations that have seen a complete cut-off to their supplies – Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Croatia and Turkey – with more to follow. According to reports via Zero Hedge, the effect has been almost instantaneous.

Without Russia residents across Europe have no way of staying warm.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                              Paging JMalin...............your thoughts?
                              "open your junior year econ books to page 347 and he will begin reading out loud..."

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Thoughts?? This can't be good for stability...

Lots of other links in the article as well.

The #1 Independent news service in the world, battling globalism and promoting a pro-human future worldwide. Infowars is Tomorrow's News Today.

Putin Strikes Back: Russia Cuts Off European Gas Supplies, Starts Selling Dollars: “The Decision Has Been Made”

Vladimir Putin has been silent lately. But if anyone thought he had been shamed into defeat or marginalized, then think again.

In the last few hours Russia has announced two key strategic decisions that show they are not going to stand idly by while their economy and way of life are destroyed by Western forces.

First, presumably in response to stiff sanctions leveled by the United States and the European Union after the annexation of Crimea last year, Russia has cut off 60% of Europe’s gas supplies right in the middle of winter. This has caused an almost immediate crisis in six European nations that have seen a complete cut-off to their supplies – Bulgaria, Greece, Macedonia, Romania, Croatia and Turkey – with more to follow. According to reports via Zero Hedge, the effect has been almost instantaneous.

Without Russia residents across Europe have no way of staying warm.
                                This sounds like a boost to our NG fields. Now can we get it from here to there?

Comment

Working...
                                X