No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our company started lay offs today. Got rid of the weekend and night shifts. Thankfully for me this all happening in Canada and the Texas division is still running a full crew.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
      Going to kiss that 50 sma line for another push down.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeRichardson View Post
        charge your phone!
        I'm a procrastinator

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          I'm a procrastinator
          You're living life on the edge!

Comment

Yep. Looks promising. Quite a few are still saying it'll bottom between $30-$40 by the end of this quarter but won't stay there long. Hoping to get my full pay back by May or June. Hang in there fellers. Won't be long.

Comment

I made a hand today. Prayers for all y'all that are directly affected.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                I made a hand today. Prayers for all y'all that are directly affected.

What does it mean to make a hand?

Comment

My daughter has two friends, one expecting and another was in the process of buying their first home. Both husbands have been laid off. Let's all say a prayer for the folks impacted by this downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina
                    Oilfield talk for being a tough, cool guy
                    Incorrect! To make a hand means to be an exceptional employee, to do what is expected and then some, withou having to be told or someone having to wait on you to do your job so that they can do theirs.
                    In the oilfield there are a lot of jobs that require more than one person to complete a task, if one person isn't performing, someone else has to work that much harder to makeup for their shortcoming.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                      Incorrect! To make a hand means to be an exceptional employee, to do what is expected and then some, withou having to be told or someone having to wait on you to do your job so that they can do theirs.
                      In the oilfield there are a lot of jobs that require more than one person to complete a task, if one person isn't performing, someone else has to work that much harder to makeup for their shortcoming.
                      Well said .
                      It means you busted arse while the coat-tailers goofed off and got passed up!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                        Gotcha. I've heard the phrase before, but wasn't quite sure what it meant.

Comment

Always a hater in the bunch. Guess he deleted his post or something. No sweat. It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            Always a hater in the bunch. Guess he deleted his post or something. No sweat. It is what it is.
                            I think the mods are helping us by deleting some posts instead of closing the thread.

Any directional guys here been laid off?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                              I think the mods are helping us by deleting some posts instead of closing the thread.

Just trying to make a hand!
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                Just trying to make a hand!
                                Hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X