No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid 2.10 for diesel today at the Buccees in Sugar Land. Actually was 1.90 with the carwash. I never expected to see that kind of price again. It cost me $45 to fill up my tank. I sure hope it gets better for all you O&G guys soon. I dont mind paying more. I have lots of friend who make a living in yalls industry. Best of luck.

Nobody knows what is going to happen as too many things are in play. Great advice in this thread. Live within your means, dont rack up debt, and put enough money away to weather the stormy periods of time.

Comment

Good news for now I just picked up another 30-45 days work. Hopefully by the end of the hitch it starts to show an upward trend but ivaint holding my breath.

Comment

Laid off today

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
          Laid off today
          Dang bro, sure hate to hear that.

Comment

Laid off today

Sorry to hear that man

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              the wells are only there because someone drilled them
              Drilling is for the cool kids and production is for nerds

Comment

Laid off today
                What did you do and where? SOrry to hear

Comment

Originally posted by tookeymonster View Post
                  Drilling is for the cool kids and production is for nerds

Thank you for your service. Now get off my location.

Comment

Laid off today
                    Sorry to hear.

Comment

I'm going on three weeks today..

Comment

Laid off today
                        That sucks. I hope you find something soon.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                          I'm going on three weeks today..
                          Hate to tell ya, but a lot of the big names are on a hiring freeze, I know we are.

When it gets pumping again, you need to look in Houston. I'd start now and make contacts via LinkedIn. My Sister-in-law and father-in-law are both Petroleum Geologists in Houston. Granted, one has taken a leave of absence for the time being (personal reasons).

Comment

Steve sent me this Oilpro article last week:

Surviving the Cut

A few highlights:
                            One of those things being that none of us can control the price of oil and gas and most of us do not decide what our employer will do about it. What we can do as individuals is to show our willingness to take on any assigned tasks and “get er done”.

"...Demonstrate that you are someone worth keeping."
                            The world will be dependent on oil and gas for many decades to come. I believe demand and supply will be sorted out through market forces, although politics and futures traders often get in the way!
                            Ultimately when it comes to surviving the downturn, if you gave 110% when it didn’t matter, you have a better chance of surviving any cuts.
                            I have no idea when this bust cycle will turn around. I’ve been through them all for 30+ years, but in every one of them the best survivors seem to have patience and a mind-set to discover the opportunities that can arise when times get tough.
                            If you are a producer, look for opportunities with providers with whom you have not had the time to meet with to review their value that you might be missing...So now is a great time to find ways to make that happen by looking at alternatives to “the way we always did it in the past”.
                            Shame on all of us if we don’t take this business environment and seek some positives that will result and last through all types of business cycles.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                              Hate to tell ya, but a lot of the big names are on a hiring freeze, I know we are.

When it gets pumping again, you need to look in Houston. I'd start now and make contacts via LinkedIn. My Sister-in-law and father-in-law are both Petroleum Geologists in Houston. Granted, one has taken a leave of absence for the time being (personal reasons).
                              Funny you say that.. I just moved from Houston to work in San Antonio, where my family is. I don't want to move back there but. I will if absolutely necessary. Just getting worried right now.

On a side note, Anyone going to the Eagleford Job fair in Floresville tomorrow? It starts at 10am. I will be there bright and early. If your going look for a big ol'bald headed guy with a mustache. If y'all are going I wish y'all the best luck in finding something! God bless y'all and I will see y'all there![/

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                                Funny you say that.. I just moved from Houston to work in San Antonio, where my family is. I don't want to move back there but. I will if absolutely necessary. Just getting worried right now.

On a side note, Anyone going to the Eagleford Job fair in Floresville tomorrow? It starts at 10am. I will be there bright and early. If your going look for a big ol'bald headed guy with a mustache. If y'all are going I wish y'all the best luck in finding something! God bless y'all and I will see y'all there![/
                                Good Luck at the job fair. Pretty sure that place will be shoulder to shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                                X