Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
    We will see I guess....like I have said before its not worth the debate. Its been beat to death time and time again. Im not going to change your mind and your not going to change mine. our economy is alot more diversified than it was in the 80s. As much as some hate to admit it oil isnt the only thing that brings money and stability to the Texas economy.
    I realize it's not dependent on oil but it's affected. You guys just have to get on here and stir people up. We know yall don't care about oil prices so what brings you back to and oilfield thread daily? Just to stir crap up? If the debate goes nowhere that's all you're doing. If you want to contribute start a thread that has to do with your job.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      I realize it's not dependent on oil but it's affected. You guys just have to get on here and stir people up. We know yall don't care about oil prices so what brings you back to and oilfield thread daily? Just to stir crap up? If the debate goes nowhere that's all you're doing. If you want to contribute start a thread that has to do with your job.
      Dont take much to get your feathers ruffled does it bud? Please show me where Im stirring the pot? Just told the man I agree with him and be ready to told he was wrong....which he was. I do care about oil prices....been saving me about 500 a month since they have went down. This is a open forum...if I want to make a comment or check out a thread...who are you to tell me not too?

Comment

....its not worth the debate.

As much as some hate to admit it oil isnt the only thing that brings money and stability to the Texas economy.
        Make your mind up. Are you going to debate it or not? You say you aren't but then can't help but put in your 2 cents at the end. It's also comical to see you spending all this free time of yours frantically running from thread to thread making everybody knows your opinion of whats going on with oil prices. Get a life.
        Last edited by txaggie02; 01-13-2015, 04:46 PM.

Comment

And also show me where I said it WONT affect our economy. I KNOW it will....just not to the magnitude some think it will. We all have our opinions and while they may differ I respect yalls....too bad some dont respect others and get upset because they dont think the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by KLAPPER View Post
            He must not have mineral rights lol
            You might need to re-read his post poindexter!!

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            I'll stir the pot!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking for a CPA/Controller for my oilfield service company!!! Please pass this along to anyone you may know with oilfield accounting experience This will make us all better business men and managers of money if we take it in stride and learn from it!! In this business you always need to have an escape plan!!

Comment

Originally posted by txaggie02 View Post
              Make your mind up. Are you going to debate it or not? You say you aren't but then can't help but put in your 2 cents at the end. It's also comical to see you spending all this free time of yours running from thread to thread making everybody knows your opinion of whats going on. Get a life.
              Everyone's got to put their two cents in man....you ought to know that by now. I got a life man....and the oil field aint it. My free time is spent in the deer blind. Just like I am now...if I could see a deer I wouldnt be on here now. Like I have said some of you oil field hands have no respect for others opinions merely because they differ from yours....its kinda sad.

Comment

It has nothing to do with other people's opinions. It's the fact that some people like you on this board think they need to repeat themselves 1,000 times on a thread. It must be some self confidence issue that the more times you say something, the better it makes you feel and the more people will believe your opinion. Doesn't quite work that way, chief. Just makes you look desperate to share your views.

By the way, if you actually put your phone down and tried hunting, instead of defending your opinion on this website like a hockey goalie for more than 2-3 seconds, you might actually see some deer.

Comment

Everyone's got to put their two cents in man....you ought to know that by now. I got a life man....and the oil field aint it. My free time is spent in the deer blind. Just like I am now...if I could see a deer I wouldnt be on here now. Like I have said some of you oil field hands have no respect for others opinions merely because they differ from yours....its kinda sad.
                  Yet you come on an OILFIELD tbread and act the same way. Yea that's not stirring the pot.

It takes a lot to get my feathers ruffled by the way and nobody has done that to me yet. I'm just wondering what the point is in the guys coming here who have nothing positive to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
                    The whole tar sand process is a terribly ugly environmental issue. That is why I always felt like making the Keystone Pipeline such a political hot button was a problem...it is just a bad poster child for conservatives to support. The process rapes the landscape, uses huge amounts of water, and basically turns virgin forests into the pits of Mordor.

Totally off topic, but I think the same thing when I watch Goldrush. Looks fun though.

Comment

Dude, you are making this personal and insulting. Very not cool for TBH.

Comment

Like I have said some of you oil field hands have no respect
                        Showing respect would be to state "I'm enjoying the cheap gas" & move on...to gloat & continue to comment over a downward spiral of someone's profession, vague comments that lump an entire group of people into irresponsible spenders & enjoying the spoils of their poor spending habits add no value to the thread. Opinions are always welcomed but some should ask if they actually contribute any worth.

The OP started this as a warning to watch out for the plunge...there are some great links on here showing a strategy by OPEC to hurt the competition, mostly U.S. & Russia (who could very well cause turmoil over their actions) I'm digging the cheap gas prices but would rather pay more than have it manipulated in such a deviant way by foreigners who hate us.

It's a very informative thread & I have been educated on a lot of aspects of the oilpatch I did not know. It would be nice to not have to sift through the hate.

Comment

Let's stay on topic and if need be please take it private.

I for one find this thread very interesting as a lot of knowledge has been shared. For those with inside knowledge please continue to share your experiences.

I have also seen it being discussed about shale does the same apply to offshore?

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                            Let's stay on topic and if need be please take it private.

I for one find this thread very interesting as a lot of knowledge has been shared. For those with inside knowledge please continue to share your experiences.

I have also seen it being discussed about shale does the same apply to offshore?
                            Sorry about that.

That's a really good question maybe an offshore guy can answer. I haven't seen much mention of offshore projects.

Comment

yes. please lets not get this thread wacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                                I know it's a longshot....but assuming the Keystone Pipeline bill gets through and is not vetoed....would the low oil prices affect this project (as in investors/companies not wanting to get involved due to the falling profits?)
                                Chew I been trying to stay away from posting to this thread brcause there is a lot of arrogance and ignorance on it, however to answer your question I will as it brings value to the discussion.

The pipe line would create numerous jobs i.e. civil engineering, equipment operators, surveyors, craftsman, etc to name of few ,for numerous years. Once the pipeline is complete those jobs would go away of course.

It would help guys in the industry who may have been laid off due to low oil prices for the interim, which is a positive.
                                Secondly it brings additional revenue for the long haul to Texas which that too is a good thing.

Lastly there was another thread posted sometime back about oil prices to which I responded and said what the oil prices would drop too during first qtr 2015 and expected rebounds in the coming 1 to 2 years.
                                I still stand by that even though some thought I stayed at a Holiday Inn the night before but prices will rebound , what they will finally top out at is a different scenario.

So additional jobs and revenue for Texas, yes is a good thing even if its in the interim.
                                Last edited by hcshooter; 01-13-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X