Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingib View Post
    Lol.. They think a 60-65k truck, debt out the WAZOO, and no savings/retirement is the only way to live!

Just living the dream....until they find a woman at 35 and they have no retirement or money to speak of
    You sir are a douchbag. There are plenty of us in the oilfield that don't drive $70k trucks and don't owe a penny to anyone with plenty in the bank and 401K on top of that because of the line of work we chose. Its about the type of person you are not all about the industry you work in and contrary to what you may think its not easy money as you seem to make it out to be. I have spent many holidays away from home and missed countless birthdays and family events to make the money I have. If you cant speak intelligently about this subject just back away from the keyboard and save us from having to read your mindless babble

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
      You sir are a douchbag. There are plenty of us in the oilfield that don't drive $70k trucks and don't owe a penny to anyone with plenty in the bank and 401K on top of that because of the line of work we chose. Its about the type of person you are not all about the industry you work in and contrary to what you may think its not easy money as you seem to make it out to be. I have spent many holidays away from home and missed countless birthdays and family events to make the money I have. If you cant speak intelligently about this subject just back away from the keyboard and save us from having to read your mindless babble

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
        Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
        Down right amazing isnt it?! just like some of us have been saying the whole time only to be told we were idiots and wrong
        Wow, I sure hope you're joking but I know you're not. You want me to find an article that states it will have a big impact on Texas?

And besides, for the 10 millionth time, most oil guys here say oil's tank will not cause a Texas depression but it will be felt MORE than people think.

Comment

I know it's a longshot....but assuming the Keystone Pipeline bill gets through and is not vetoed....would the low oil prices affect this project (as in investors/companies not wanting to get involved due to the falling profits?)

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            I know it's a longshot....but assuming the Keystone Pipeline bill gets through and is not vetoed....would the low oil prices affect this project (as in investors/companies not wanting to get involved due to the falling profits?)
            But, for the sake of the drillers and producers here in Texas, do we really want the pipeline approved?

If we bring Canadian oil here to Texas to be refined, wouldn't that impact the plays we have here in Texas?

Comment

But, for the sake of the drillers and producers here in Texas, do we really want the pipeline approved?

If we bring Canadian oil here to Texas to be refined, wouldn't that impact the plays we have here in Texas?
              Good points. Just didn't know if the new jobs would offset the losses from Canadian oil. Probably not in the long run after the pipeline was built.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                Pretty defensive. But I guess I struck a nerve

If it wasn't true/somewhat true you wouldn't get so defensive. Again I didn't say everyone.

No need to explain the career you chose to anyone, that was your choice.

Comment

I think we still need the heavy crude. We have too much light sweet, which is what is being produced main here in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    I think we still need the heavy crude. We have too much light sweet, which is what is being produced main here in Texas.
                    So, the tar sands is a "heavy crude"? What does that refine to? Stuff like bunker fuel and such?

Comment

If it wasn't true/somewhat true you wouldn't get so defensive. Again I didn't say everyone.

No, you're just being a jerk. And you're posts lump all oil field as the same. You know exactly what you're posting.

Comment

Pay period ends today for us. Praying for no surprises in the morning.

Comment

Then why do you continue to spew hate and discontent on "of" workers. Regardless of what they drive or how much they save 99 percent are good ole boys just trying to make a living for their families.
                          Its not just you, there are plenty in my community who make the same comments you make. Most of them would still be farmers up to their necks in debt if it wasn't for the oil and gas industry. Again I dont understand. Please help me. You make a lot of wise cracks but I've never read where you said I hate oilfield workers because of x??

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                            Then why do you continue to spew hate and discontent on "of" workers. Regardless of what they drive or how much they save 99 percent are good ole boys just trying to make a living for their families.
                            Its not just you, there are plenty in my community who make the same comments you make. Most of them would still be farmers up to their necks in debt if it wasn't for the oil and gas industry. Again I dont understand. Please help me. You make a lot of wise cracks but I've never read where you said I hate oilfield workers because of x??
                            He must not have mineral rights lol

Comment

So, the tar sands is a "heavy crude"? What does that refine to? Stuff like bunker fuel and such?
                              Yes it is a heavy, and many of our refineries are set up for medium or heavy crude. I don't know why though.

Comment

It is my understanding that the tar sands oil is extremely heavy and is basically bitumen suitable for asphalt, etc. It is so thick it can only be transported by pipeline after being diluted with lighter hydrocarbons which are processed back out at the refinery.

Comment

Working...
                                X