Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    I thought we were just being honest about our feelings?

some people are happy with $1.66 gas, some people are happy with $3.66 gas. Most folks in the oilfield can't stand the short sighted attitude of people dancing under paper mache dragons like a Chinese new year when gas drops $1. some say tomato, some say tomato
    Your killing me with your logic. I do not know a single person,and I know a lot of people,who would be "happy" paying $3.66 vs $1.66 for a gallon of gas..... Thats insane....

As a matter of fact I am good friends with a fella who happens to own a trucking company, fleet of about 35 trucks,that trucks strictly oil field chemicals. He was even complaining about how expensive his monthly fuel bills were. And he is in the industry lock stock and barrel....
    I hate that folks are losing work. That"s a bad deal all the way around but to try and blame us consumers is a huge stretch.....

Im out..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      Your killing me with your logic. I do not know a single person,and I know a lot of people,who would be "happy" paying $3.66 vs $1.66 for a gallon of gas..... Thats insane....

As a matter of fact I am good friends with a fella who happens to own a trucking company, fleet of about 35 trucks,that trucks strictly oil field chemicals. He was even complaining about how expensive his monthly fuel bills were. And he is in the industry lock stock and barrel....
      I hate that folks are losing work. That"s a bad deal all the way around but to try and blame us consumers is a huge stretch.....

Im out..
      Probably not a good analogy with your friends trucking company. He could soon be saving a LOT of fuel when he starts parking rigs because of lack of demand. I doubt that is the result he really wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post

Im out..
        I have a good friend that works in refining that stated it was too bad he wasn't going to get a raise next year, but he was happy he was saving money at the pump. Never mind the fact his typical annual raise of 6-8% was roughly 3 times more than he was going to save on fuel... but I agree, some folks have trouble with numbers.

how many mounts did you do this year from oilfield related hunts?

Comment

I appreciate the sentiment from the 4700 "cheap gas" posts that end with "but I hope no one loses their job". It does warm my heart a little bit that folks take the time to post up lower gas prices every day that are derived from a foreign source and the political battle to crush certain economies..... and wish me the best of luck.

odd how it's not a two way street that I can't wish for higher gas prices (but by golly, I sure hope it doesn't cause any pain for anyone). See. I'm getting more sensitive all the time.

my apologies that gasoline costs more than it did 20 years ago....
          I think what is being said is we(cheap gas) hope you (US O&G) can figure out how to produce and be profitable at $45-60. US is pretty dang smart and efficient when need be, and "can't be done" turns into, "I figured it out". But even then its still supply and demand.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            I think what is being said is we(cheap gas) hope you (US O&G) can figure out how to produce and be profitable at $45-60. US is pretty dang smart and efficient when need be, and "can't be done" turns into, "I figured it out". But even then its still supply and demand.
            the problem is the general type of well design that is driving the increase in domestic oil production... no doubt the cost will decrease. people will find ways to save, but at the end of the day, these wells are an enormous cost difference compared to conventional vertical/non fracked wells.

it's unfortunate most people don't/can't see the entire process from point A to Z and get an appreciation for exactly what's involved to get the gas to the tank of your autos.

Comment

I have been trying to stay out of this thread but some of the opinions/mind sets of folks are driving me crazy. Started in O&G 18 months ago and have had the opportunity to make some decent money. We have payed our debts, saved some money, and spent probably more than we should. Bottom line is whether you make $8/hr or $80/hr our jobs are equally important in nearly every way. Our families rely on these wages for food, shelter, and clothing, education, and so on. Low gas prices are great for most, the energy sector is taking a hit now so for y'all that are not in the industry take advantage. Buy stocks, invest, save. As for those of us in the industry, I hope we saved enough and when prices go up we can either begin to or save/invest more. Every thing aside, all this bickering back and forth does us no good. Now, let's help one another out...post up help wanted/needed threads, investment opportunity threads, and get out of debt/savings threads.
              God Bless our TBH family,
              Chris

Comment

TTaxidermy. I'm going to DSC next week and booking a hunt. Whatever I book I am going to send to you to offset all the oil related mounts you won't be getting this year. Since I'm saving so much money on fuel now I'll do my best to keep you from going under due to low oil prices.

Comment

the problem is the general type of well design that is driving the increase in domestic oil production... no doubt the cost will decrease. people will find ways to save, but at the end of the day, these wells are an enormous cost difference compared to conventional vertical/non fracked wells.

it's unfortunate most people don't/can't see the entire process from point A to Z and get an appreciation for exactly what's involved to get the gas to the tank of your autos.
                  The person that figures it out how to do it will be very very rich....

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    The person that figures it out how to do it will be very very rich....
                    and then drug through the mud for making too much money right here on the green screen....

Comment

and then drug through the mud for making too much money right here on the green screen....
                      True, but I guarantee everyone here hopes it is one of us/you! And we will all say we know them, "yeah I know John Doe Billlionaire"

Comment

I appreciate the sentiment from the 4700 "cheap gas" posts that end with "but I hope no one loses their job". It does warm my heart a little bit that folks take the time to post up lower gas prices every day that are derived from a foreign source and the political battle to crush certain economies..... and wish me the best of luck.

odd how it's not a two way street that I can't wish for higher gas prices (but by golly, I sure hope it doesn't cause any pain for anyone). See. I'm getting more sensitive all the time.

my apologies that gasoline costs more than it did 20 years ago....

Whoever made that graph didn't do something correct. It is WAY off.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                          TTaxidermy. I'm going to DSC next week and booking a hunt. Whatever I book I am going to send to you to offset all the oil related mounts you won't be getting this year. Since I'm saving so much money on fuel now I'll do my best to keep you from going under due to low oil prices.
                          I suggest at least an African Safari he doesn't have enough work

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                            How old were you and what were you doing on 2007????????? Do you have a family?????? Do you have a mortgage?????

Please share all your vast knowledge!!
                            No kidding

Comment

I hope you make as much money as the market deems you to be worth.

I also hope you're not on here whining and complaining about how much more important your job is than tens of millions of people saving several thousand dollars a year on gas bills, if you're one of those folks in the O&G industry who blows through their good money like it's going out of style with no thought for the future. I don't want to hear talk about shelter, food, clothing, education, etc. for your family when low oil prices come if you're buying the super expensive toys when times are good and not preparing for a rainy day, for the sake of your family. The tens of millions of people who are saving huge bucks at the pump right now also have families who need food, shelter, education, etc., and right now they're finally getting some relief to help towards those things.

One more thing, I keep seeing this number of saving a measly "$1/gallon at the pump" thrown around as something ridiculous. Maybe you haven't looked at the pump prices recently, but where I live I'm saving a lot closer to $2/gallon than I was in the not very distant past. If you can't see how that is significant to tens of millions of Americans every day lives then it just shows how out of touch you really are with the average American wage earner.
                              Last edited by Joshua Flournoy; 01-08-2015, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

I just keep wondering how millions of Americans didn't prepRe better for higher energy costs.

It doesn't surprise me really, most Americans can't save a dime. They're more concerned with the latest iPhone and maxing out their credit cards.

I just don't understand why they didn't save more money when gas prices were low? I certainly am tired of hearing about their struggles when there's a flat screen in every bedroom and an iPad on every dresser.

I think you guys nailed it though.... People should just prepare.
                                Last edited by kyle1974; 01-08-2015, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X