No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I work in Production but all over the board we are still hiring, drilling wells, completing wells and have confirmation from OKC that we will not be bullied from OPEC and are not cutting back. We also have a hedge on oil until 2016 which makes my job safer than most. I wish all my peers in the industry the best of luck with the Oil Field Blues but keep your head up and have a Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver1206 View Post
      I work in Production but all over the board we are still hiring, drilling wells, completing wells and have confirmation from OKC that we will not be bullied from OPEC and are not cutting back. We also have a hedge on oil until 2016 which makes my job safer than most. I wish all my peers in the industry the best of luck with the Oil Field Blues but keep your head up and have a Merry Christmas.
      I'm telling you right now that you'd be a fool to not prepare yourself. I call BS on what your company told you. I hope all goes well for everyone but let's be honest about it lol. Slim chance!!

Comment

This is exactly what is going to happen across the board. Its a showdown. If we cut production they win.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooks View Post
          This is exactly what is going to happen across the board. Its a showdown. If we cut production they win.
          Chevron and COP are cutting spending on new projects, BP restructuring (yes I know oil spill), and EOG selling it's Canadian assets. There are others that I can't think of off the top of my head. Public companies answer to their shareholders. Take this as you will.

Comment

I am proof of what happens at small companies... I just found out I will be laid off after the first of the year.. Anyone know of an operator in San Antonio looking for a geologist, shoot me a pm!

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Good luck on the job search.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                I am proof of what happens at small companies... I just found out I will be laid off after the first of the year.. Anyone know of an operator in San Antonio looking for a geologist, shoot me a pm!
                Sorry to hear that bud! prayers up for quick turnaround. Trying not to worry but I am starting to wonder what will happen where i work. So far there hasnt been anything. Yet...

Look at Weatherford In San antonio, there is a 'we're hiring' sign out front right now.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                  Sorry to hear that bud! prayers up for quick turnaround. Trying not to worry but I am starting to wonder what will happen where i work. So far there hasnt been anything. Yet...

Look at Weatherford In San antonio, there is a 'we're hiring' sign out front right now.

Thanks bud. I will look

Comment

Talk to Jmalin, he can show you where all the money is going. It must be top secret but according to him all of those laid off can simply follow the new money trail because it has to go somewhere.

Sorry about your job BTW.

Comment

More job cuts...Halliburton and SLB

Oilfield services company Halliburton expects to take a $75 million charge in the fourth quarter as it trims staff following its planned takeover of rival Baker Hughes, a company official said at Capital ...

Comment

What operator you with currently?

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          More job cuts...Halliburton and SLB

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hallib...165237604.html
                          Great!!!! I may be on the job search thread soon.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            What operator you with currently?

A small guy. Starboard resources

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                              I wonder if that guy that builds pools thinks the oil prices effect his business?
                              Case and point!

Comment

I've lived here in Midland since '76 and seen the true busts along with the slow downs or "contractions". My father was a Trustee for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court....I saw more of my share of rags to riches, and back to rags stories over the years. That being said, I think it instilled a sense of how important it is to live within your means and save, but still be generous and give. My wife and I took Dave Ramsey's course when were were engaged back in 2001, and it was one of the best things we could of done. I have worked in the oil & gas business every day since 1995 and I've loved every minute of it. While I don't think this is a true "bust", it will pull back considerably, but it will also come back to healthy levels.

I don't think the oil and gas business is different than most others, and I don't think the people in oil and gas are any different than those that work in different industries. There are those that are wise and foolish in every profession.

All of that being said, I'm not too concerned about the slow down. But then again, I shoot an '06 Allegiance that I bought used and I drive a paid off '03 Ford that I also bought used.....so you can see that I'm not really concerned with "Keeping up with the Joneses".

Comment

Working...
                                X