No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, an oilfield worker makes 3 x what a govt employee makes. Meaning they have 15-20x the purchasing power(disposable income)...and these people SPEND as OP suggested. So you could argue that an oilfield job lost has that multiple effect on employment numbers. Texas, OK, LA, ND and even some midwestern states are in for some real pain unfortunately....especially if we go below $60 for an extended period. One of my main businesses is affected by this, so I may be looking through gray colored glasses, but I don't think so...

Comment

Interesting article on estimated "breakeven costs" for various plays.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

My wife and I are both Geoscientist. We made the decision today to put off building a pool for another year because of the current trend in declining oil prices.

Comment

Time for someone to put the smack down on the Saudis. And Opec for siding with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
            My wife and I are both Geoscientist. We made the decision today to put off building a pool for another year because of the current trend in declining oil prices.
            I wonder if that guy that builds pools thinks the oil prices effect his business?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              I wonder if that guy that builds pools thinks the oil prices effect his business?

Nope. He stays busy enough building pools for the people that own mineral rights on those big south Texas wells.

Comment

I can tell you that most small business owners around houston are not very excited about the lower gas prices at the pump. It's going to cost them a lot more than it saves them.

Comment

I hate seeing this but we are overdue for some trouble here in Texas...I hope the oil industry workers have saved some scratch for a rainy day...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Time for someone to put the smack down on the Saudis. And Opec for siding with them.
                    Time for a drone accident in Riyadh...

Comment

EOG closed an office in Calgary. Laid off 150.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                        Nope. He stays busy enough building pools for the people that own mineral rights on those big south Texas wells.
                        they got their money 2-4 years ago... they already built their pools.

not to mention, there are probably 1:55000 mineral rights holder to oilfield worker.

Comment

they got their money 2-4 years ago... they already built their pools.

not to mention, there are probably 1:55000 mineral rights holder to oilfield worker.

I am willing to bet that 99 percent of oilfield workers that are making the big bank aren't thinking about having a pool built at home considering they are there less than they are at work. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            I am willing to bet that 99 percent of oilfield workers that are making the big bank aren't thinking about having a pool built at home considering they are there less than they are at work. Lol.
                            I bet more dancing girls will notice than pool builders.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              I bet more dancing girls will notice than pool builders.

My point exactly!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                                EOG closed an office in Calgary. Laid off 150.
                                They are selling their Canadian assets.

Comment

Working...
                                X