No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mom works for a company that provides flow line equipment(pipe, t's, elbows, chokes, valves, etc) for the natural gas industry and they have seen an increase in business over the past month. Last week someone had her quote around $500k worth of equipment and its sounding like they are going to place the order. So that is good news. Like with everyone else things have been at a crawl for them for a while with multiple lay offs. We are still laying people off regularly here on the engineering end of it. Not seeing really any big projects being awarded yet. Supposedly things are said to be going to pick up some end of 3rd and into the 4th quarter. I will believe it when I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      Its comments like this that causes the arguments on the thread...
      He is talking about NG...

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Its comments like this that causes the arguments on the thread...

Taking about natural gas prices!!! People like you jumping to conclusions without knowing what they are talking about are what causes unnecessary arguments on here...

Come on $8 to $10 NATURAL GAS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
          Taking about natural gas prices!!! People like you jumping to conclusions without knowing what they are talking about are what causes unnecessary arguments on here...

$8-$10 would be awesome. Could literally work all over the state instead of just oil plays.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post

Do the 2 not somewhat coincide on prices?
            If not then please forgive my ignorance.

Comment

No sir. Oil and fuel go hand in hand though

Natural gas would increase heating costs

Comment

No sir natural gas prices have been in the tank since 2009!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Where does the NG dollar need to be for you & your side to see more new drilling start ups for the market that you cater to??

One of my 'smaller / low overhead' customers stated yesterday in a meeting they can make money at $3 & are already planning to start stabbing 2 new holes soon. Also having me quote several eng/comp set-ups to replace the current rental units as they can make more $$$$ owning!!

Really like seeing the smaller fish be aggressive & succeed.
                  With drilling costs down where they are now, we can show profit at $3. That profitability disappears when the well I drill today for 1.2 costs 2.5 six months from now. So... bring on the $10 gas!

Comment

Still going in Oklahoma!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                      NG hitting $6 would be awesome for the power plant world as well.
                      Amen, and a HOT summer, which it looks like we are gonna get

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                        No sir. Oil and fuel go hand in hand though

Natural gas would increase heating costs

Folks can use the savings from fuel for extra clothes & blankets and let's shoot for $12-15.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                          Folks can use the savings from fuel for extra clothes & blankets and let's shoot for $12-15.

**** good point! I'm with you!!!

Comment

Things overall are looking better for us, but a little scary. We sold our diverter tools and patents to Blackhawk. I hate to see it go, but the cash will be a huge help. We are going to be concentrating on our rotatable hanger line.

Comment

Things have picked up in pump sales for me in West Texas!

Comment

Did y'all hear about this WPX rig explosion up in Nageezi?

Comment

Working...
                                X