No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've also heard of some picking up a few in W TX. We're getting at least 2-3 of those that I know of. Btw, have any of y'all drilled in the Livingston area? Woodbine formation. Holy crap it sux!!! Have to slide 4-6'/hr to hold decent TF.

Comment

Wife took this pic last night when we were riding around on the ranch and posted it on her snapchat!! Awesome photo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a great pic! I'm praying for $80 but hey $70 will work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

My rentals are currently all over the place. One week I'll have all my fishing hands out, the next, none. Last month there was a week that I had tools on 11 different WO rigs, but not any hands. Then, I had one guy out with no tools.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
            I've also heard of some picking up a few in W TX. We're getting at least 2-3 of those that I know of. Btw, have any of y'all drilled in the Livingston area? Woodbine formation. Holy crap it sux!!! Have to slide 4-6'/hr to hold decent TF.
            I've come to love that kind of work. Set it and chill

Usually can be helped by making a change in motors, bits, or both though. How's it act trying faster?

Comment

you need to drill the woodbine with more weight. speed will just dull the bit out. there are areas of the woodbine that will wear out a heavy set impregnated bit in a few hundred feet. if the geomystics will allow it, getting out of the low gamma count sand and into something dirtier will help the rop.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                I've come to love that kind of work. Set it and chill

Usually can be helped by making a change in motors, bits, or both though. How's it act trying faster?
                Man this is the craziest crap I've ever seen. Started with stab above motor and one on lower end of motor. Took both off and slid better. I suggested a 9 blade bit but comp man said they didn't make a 9 blade in 12.25" bit. Ok, well what about a rock bit. This 6 blade and high torque motor ain't cutting it. 80-50 lb bite wraps you twice to the left! And we're not in the woodbine yet. Supposed to be shale. At 11500' right now. Try 20-30 ROP and it never settles down either. 4-6 is the only way to go. I even tried holding 600 diff and 60 ROP and it's even worse. Slow and steady I guess.

Comment

Remember fellas that are heading back out. You gotta do everything faster, cheaper, smarter and most importantly safer.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
                    That's a great pic! I'm praying for $80 but hey $70 will work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
                    I'm praying for $35 a barrel for oil, but hey $25 will work! The country doesn't need to be paying $4 a gallon for fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      I'm praying for $35 a barrel for oil, but hey $25 will work! The country doesn't need to be paying $4 a gallon for fuel.

$70 to $80 won't make it $4..... We'll never mind this will never turn out good! Rave on brother...... Hope you are doing well cause the 200 people I've laid off aren't! Have a good evening.

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                        $70 to $80 won't make it $4..... We'll never mind this will never turn out good! Rave on brother...... Hope you are doing well cause the 200 people I've laid off aren't! Have a good evening.

The small company I work for lost 260 out of 300. Rave on!

Comment

talked to a buddy at SLB a couple weeks ago. they're down close to 50,000 people worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            The small company I work for lost 260 out of 300. Rave on!

Yep I've laid off 200 out of 250! May not make it through this myself. I just don't understand folks that wish this misfortune on others. $70 barrel in my opinion everyone wins. We produce our own oil, our people have jobs and everyone else in the country can afford their gas!!! Pretty simple in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                              Yep I've laid off 200 out of 250! May not make it through this myself. I just don't understand folks that wish this misfortune on others. $70 barrel in my opinion everyone wins. We produce our own oil, our people have jobs and everyone else in the country can afford their gas!!! Pretty simple in my opinion!

I remember when it was 75 before the big jumps. Our leadership was talking about not wanting it to get much higher than that. When it got over 100 they were really worried. Turns out they were correct. 65-80 is a good range for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post

Quick question...what industry or line of work are you in?

Comment

Working...
                                X