Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ETXBow View Post
    Which companies?
    Mostly unverified rumors (from people who are in position to know), so I don't want to specify until something official.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Mostly unverified rumors (from people who are in position to know), so I don't want to specify until something official.
      Yea there are a few supposedly looking to get moving pretty soon

Comment

For those traveling on 285 trough Loving/Malaga they had a rig blow out last night and shut 285 down.
        I had a call out and had to take the long way around to Reeves county.
        The location is right next to the HWY.

*****Public Safety Announcement****
        UPDATE TO WELL BLOWOUT: WE ARE ASKING CITIZENS OF EDDY COUNTY TO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RESTRICTED AREAS. ANYONE CAUGHT INSIDE RESTRICTED AREAS WILL BE TICKETED. IF AN IGNITION IS CAUSED; THOSE INDIVIDUALS WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION AS RESPONDERS WORK TO KEEP YOU SAFE!

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          For those traveling on 285 trough Loving/Malaga they had a rig blow out last night and shut 285 down.
          I had a call out and had to take the long way around to Reeves county.
          The location is right next to the HWY.

*****Public Safety Announcement****
          UPDATE TO WELL BLOWOUT: WE ARE ASKING CITIZENS OF EDDY COUNTY TO PLEASE REFRAIN FROM RESTRICTED AREAS. ANYONE CAUGHT INSIDE RESTRICTED AREAS WILL BE TICKETED. IF AN IGNITION IS CAUSED; THOSE INDIVIDUALS WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COOPERATION AS RESPONDERS WORK TO KEEP YOU SAFE!

Do you know who was drilling the well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
            Do you know who was drilling the well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            No injuries is what I heard several hours ago. Not sure who the rig belongs to.

Comment

Seems like the traffic is starting to pick up in certain areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went to two rigs in last couple of days in WTX. two different drilling companies and they both said they are picking up at least 3 rigs coming out.

Comment

with gas going up slowly, will activity and jobs follow?

Or does it need to hit $60 for a couple months?

Comment

I think it will need to stay above 60 for several months before we see any real pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                      I think it will need to stay above 60 for several months before we see any real pick up.

I agree! Hope it gets there soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It will pick up some but the big numbers of jobs will take $80 or so and be headed for a boom. There was so much fat that needed trimmed that most of those guys won't get back for several years if ever IMO. We are more efficient which has already cut out the need for some of their positions anyway. That's good to a point because hiring was so crazy for awhile the whole field was full of guys who had no business out there because companies needed a warm body. Too many guys who didn't wanna work just wanted a check

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          It will pick up some but the big numbers of jobs will take $80 or so and be headed for a boom. There was so much fat that needed trimmed that most of those guys won't get back for several years if ever IMO. We are more efficient which has already cut out the need for some of their positions anyway. That's good to a point because hiring was so crazy for awhile the whole field was full of guys who had no business out there because companies needed a warm body. Too many guys who didn't wanna work just wanted a check
                          I completely agree. Well said

Comment

Some of us are still on the hunt for that ever elusive "no work but still get paid job". If I don't find it in the next 7 years, I'm just gonna give up and try for SS.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                              Some of us are still on the hunt for that ever elusive "no work but still get paid job". If I don't find it in the next 7 years, I'm just gonna give up and try for SS.
                              I'm on month 3 of it so far

No day rates but still pulling salary at the house.

I have a suspicion that will all come to and end and I'll be gone from home a month at a time again sometime this summer

Comment

District 8 is up in count by a few rigs with others waiting to get going.

Comment

Working...
                                X