Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Man you're so fulla crap. All you're doing is gigging at good people with your crap. It'll come back on you. Go to those towns and see for yourself. Get off the internet.
    One last time. I get that towns that rely on heavy on oil are hurting as with he people in those towns. I'm not gigging anyone. I get that the internet can be full of BS but the stuff I posted was not from some off the radar site.

Comment

Overall it does seem a bit better. Lots of oilfield guys makeup the new jobs also from moving on while its down. It's defiantly affected millions down south and out west though. It will be back those workers will leave their new jobs and come back to oil and we can start it all over again.

I will ask nicely to keep it helpful. Lots of guys come to this thread for support and to give support to fellow workers down on their luck. Not a good place to come kicking at someone

Comment

The problem is he is talking big picture big world and this thread is about a single industry that makes up that big picture. What industries are booming right now to offset the oil and gas? Just curious bc something must be if your data is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          The problem is he is talking big picture big world and this thread is about a single industry that makes up that big picture. What industries are booming right now to offset the oil and gas? Just curious bc something must be if your data is correct

Construction is doing very well away from oil areas

Comment

I totally agree with what you said. I am talking big picture as in Texas and US. To be fair way back when many in this thread were stating that the Texas and some said US economy would head South with the low oil prices. I countered back then and said it would do the opposite. I agree with everyone that small town in and around the oil fields are hurting. 100% agree. That was not the issue at hand back then though nor would it have had an argument from me.

One last time I'm sorry for bringing it up. Should have kept it to myself. This thread has had many discussions and most have been cordially handled. I was hoping the same for this one. It is not an easy subject to discuss fornmany reasons but I felt (wrongly obviously) that it was important to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Overall it does seem a bit better. Lots of oilfield guys makeup the new jobs also from moving on while its down. It's defiantly affected millions down south and out west though. It will be back those workers will leave their new jobs and come back to oil and we can start it all over again.

I will ask nicely to keep it helpful. Lots of guys come to this thread for support and to give support to fellow workers down on their luck. Not a good place to come kicking at someone
              Thank you for being open minded. I know you life has changed in many ways over the last year as others have. I guess it has been hard for me to understand why my stance hurt anyone in the oil field. I have never rooted for lower oil prices nor have for higher prices. Felt like I stayed very in the middle and neutral. Everyone including people that lost jobs shod be happy the economy is doing better. That presented many other opportunities of employment that would not have been there if low oil and a crummy economy.

Comment

Being an economics major in college I understand where your coming from. You can obviously understand it's a sore subject and sensitive matter for 98% of people on this thread. I'm in the energy / electrical industry and let's just say $2 natural gas is killing us. We've already had lay offs with more to come. Let's pray Hillary doesn't become president or were all screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                  Thank you for being open minded. I know you life has changed in many ways over the last year as others have. I guess it has been hard for me to understand why my stance hurt anyone in the oil field. I have never rooted for lower oil prices nor have for higher prices. Felt like I stayed very in the middle and neutral. Everyone including people that lost jobs shod be happy the economy is doing better. That presented many other opportunities of employment that would not have been there if low oil and a crummy economy.
                  Definitely opened more doors heck I've been offered a couple jobs by guys on here if I wanted to come to Austin area. I just haven't been laid off YET and not sure my wife would go for it haha

Comment

Definitely opened more doors heck I've been offered a couple jobs by guys on here if I wanted to come to Austin area. I just haven't been laid off YET and not sure my wife would go for it haha
                    I believe I was one of them. Offer still open.

Comment

One last time. I get that towns that rely on heavy on oil are hurting as with he people in those towns. I'm not gigging anyone. I get that the internet can be full of BS but the stuff I posted was not from some off the radar site.

Oh no that's what you're doing Internet Jesus. Anytime someone says they don't mean something "but", they mean it.

Comment

I believe I was one of them. Offer still open.
                        Yes sir you were I appreciate it too

Comment

Being an economics major in college I understand where your coming from. You can obviously understand it's a sore subject and sensitive matter for 98% of people on this thread. I'm in the energy / electrical industry and let's just say $2 natural gas is killing us. We've already had lay offs with more to come. Let's pray Hillary doesn't become president or were all screwed

I don't know what I will do if she is elected. I might go into a heavy depression.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Yeah but I'm Hatin being back in a refinery. I don't have a choice at this point but I'm deffinantly remember why I hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                              Yeah but I'm Hatin being back in a refinery. I don't have a choice at this point but I'm defiantly remember why I hate it.
                              Heck no telling what I'll do if they ever stop paying me to sit at home

Obviously not the same pay but bills get taken care of without hitting savings anyway.

Comment

Heck no telling what I'll do if they ever stop paying me to sit at home

Obviously not the same pay but bills get taken care of without hitting savings anyway.

Oh I'll do it. Just don't like it! [emoji58]

Comment

Working...
                                X