Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Sorry to hear that bud. There is more refinery work going on now if you can transition to it in the mean time.
    I was recently hired by a chemical company (I work in downstream now) and we are busy as they've ever seen it.

Comment

things aren't looking up yet. terrible news for a lot of people. Personally, I don't think they're done at 8,000 for the year, based on the forecast they're giving of a 29% reduction in revenue in north america for the second quarter

Last edited by kyle1974; 04-22-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

maybe if it gets to $50 the reductions will stop. I think it will need to get back in the mid to high 50's, maybe low 60's before we see anything actually increase activity wise

Comment

I worked downstream for the first part of my career and then transitioned to upstream these last few years. I was offered several refinery positions, but ended up going with my one upstream offer even though location was not ideal just due to the huge compensation difference between the two sides of our industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have loaded up on oil stocks (I love a bargain) and I have saved at the pump long enough. I will more than make up the difference on the uptick and smile when you boys get back to work. Also the wife and I haven't owned a car that does better than 13mpg in over a decade, so I do my part to support the industry!

Comment

Bad day for us here. Thats about all I can say at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                  Sorry to hear that bud. Friday afternoons have never been more nerve racking.

Comment

Prayers sent brother!

Comment

Hate to hear that!

Comment

Sorry man.

I can remember when I was a kid in the 80's my father was building BOP's for hydril on a mill and preaching. The bottom fell out and he moved us all from Crosby to the high desert to machine in the power generation industry.

I hope things start improving soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          Sorry man.

I can remember when I was a kid in the 80's my father was building BOP's for hydril on a mill and preaching. The bottom fell out and he moved us all from Crosby to the high desert to machine in the power generation industry.

I hope things start improving soon.
                          He probably knew my dad. He worked there for 27 years. Started in late 70's

Comment

It's a bummer...DCP La Gloria Gas Plant shut down this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              It's a bummer...DCP La Gloria Gas Plant shut down this week.

Wow!! I hope all them boys got placed somewhere else. They never gave me much work when I was in the position to sell to them but that don't matter to me. They all have families to feed so I wish them all well.

Ray

Comment

Hearsay Ray, but 20 laid off & 3 mechanics spared to cover Bishop & 3 Rivers...bad deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X