Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    shocking that the economy isn't busting at the seams with this cheap gas, isn't it....

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
      I do find it interesting that when you get outside of the oil/gas producing states, and in my case here in Wyoming I would add coal, the economy is pretty good.
      the highly manipulated unemployment rate and falling stock markets is a clear indication of a booming economy?

just in my city, which isn't a hard core oilfield city, sales tax revenue is projected to be down by a huge margin this year. Search a little online for sales tax revenue around the country. That's typically a fairly good indicator of spending power that people have.

I think you will find that it's down in more places than it's up or flat.

Comment

I did not say it the economy was not down. I was just noting that outside of the oil producing states, of which I live in one of them, the economy is still performing pretty well. I travel a lot in my job and I see it in our customer's businesses and I am not in the energy business.
        In my hometown, sales tax revenue, commercial building starts etc. are all down as well. My only point was that it is not all doom and gloom outside energy producing states, that's all.

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

Uncle!!!

Comment

Well we are down to only one rig and I'll lay down my tools today and it's stacking out as soon as they cement the casing.

Not sure when the next possible work will be coming up for me but I'll still get salary until they decide to make more layoffs

Comment

I was laid off yesterday. Not sure which direction to go as far as career choice. Money is great but it's a pretty volatile situation out there right now. It will all work out, with some cash saved and momma having a decent job I'm in no rush to jump back in. May be changing career path all together. Hold on tight, I know it's speculation but I figure things should turn for the better by 2nd quarter of 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                  I was laid off yesterday. Not sure which direction to go as far as career choice. Money is great but it's a pretty volatile situation out there right now. It will all work out, with some cash saved and momma having a decent job I'm in no rush to jump back in. May be changing career path all together. Hold on tight, I know it's speculation but I figure things should turn for the better by 2nd quarter of 2017.
                  Hate to read this bud. Best of luck in your new endeavors.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Well we are down to only one rig and I'll lay down my tools today and it's stacking out as soon as they cement the casing.

Not sure when the next possible work will be coming up for me but I'll still get salary until they decide to make more layoffs

Originally posted by stickman View Post

Sorry to hear fellas. Keep your heads held high.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                      Sorry to hear fellas. Keep your heads held high.
                      Well as far as my current company I'm not sure when the next might be. A buddy of mine contacted me about going out for 5 wells if nothing here comes up soon. I've got work I can do but for now I need 2-4 weeks of family time before I'm ready

Comment

I thought I heard last night oil was up $2 to $3 on the day but then I read the Saudi Oil Minister said there would be no change in their production levels. Everyone else needs to change, just not them. What other than less production in SA or an event will get things back to where workers, rigs etc will be able to come back to work?

Comment

Originally posted by 16ncs View Post
                          I thought I heard last night oil was up $2 to $3 on the day but then I read the Saudi Oil Minister said there would be no change in their production levels. Everyone else needs to change, just not them. What other than less production in SA or an event will get things back to where workers, rigs etc will be able to come back to work?
                          This is a guess. $50 per barrel?

Comment

Comment

Ragin' that's what I heard 2.5% not $2.50.

Guess my ears wanted to hear $$$.
                              Last edited by 18ncs; 02-25-2016, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Anybody do any side jobs for cash? If so what kind? That might be what I need after I get my family time in just to keep me busy and supplement my salary

Could always fill feeders for guys hunting in my area I guess. Now is the time to get all the protein running anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X