Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigL View Post
    Got any more info on SWN? I cant find anything on the web about it.
    Pretty sure they haven't been drilling for a while now. They just laid off 40% of the Company (1,100) people last week

Comment

Swn

sorry dup post

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
        That is great news Jason, but they are going to miss you at Sams boat.

Hey I'll get to come home on the weekends on this gig. [emoji1417]

Comment

Would you work in the oilfield for 40-50% less than what you made when oil was >$120?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
            Would you work in the oilfield for 40-50% less than what you made when oil was >$120?
            Only if it was my only option for work. I can make more than that and be home every night and off on the weekends. I work oilfield "ease of the extra money I can make.

Comment

Was told today when o get back to work Monday we will be going back to 12 hour days instead of 8 hour days for at least several months. That's good news because 8 hour days are almost not worth being home from work. Still looks like it could be a real rough year.

Comment

Originally posted by bdog14 View Post
                No way man, we've bottomed. I haven't seen a permit pop up in the areas I follow in the EF or Permian in +/-10 months! Back in summer of '14 they were popping up every day. Our production is about to fall off a CLIFF...be surprised if this isn't happening globally as well...
                The Eagle Ford completions reports are the ones I watch. As you say, drilling permit applications have dropped way off, but completions have dropped off even more. Select leases are still being developed to meet contractual requirements, but only the bare minimum. Select leases are also being drilled but not frac'd and completed, to take advantage of lower costs and to be ahead of the curve when prices recover. EF wells decline +/- 80% in the first year, so we should start seeing an overall reduction in production in that play. I would assume the Bakken and Permian shale plays to follow those patterns.

Comment

I heard knight oil tools shut the doors this week. Anyone confirm that?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                    I'm down 26% as of now. I'm not real sure if I would of not. The money would still be better than just about anything else (even if I would have finished my engineering degree) but I'm not sure it would be worth the time away for that amount. I won't know until I'm put in that position but as of now I say no

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

The drill bit is used to increase revenue in good times....

Comment

We just bought BG for 58 billion dollars. Pretty hard to swallow will all the people I've lost over the last year. Also got news this morning we are going down to 3 rigs. They claim it's because of our much improved drilling speed. We don't need 4 rigs to drill the 49 wells we have to drill this year. I know it's true but that means I'll be giving another 4 guys some horrible news in a few weeks. Not to mention all the other guys on that rig that don't work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JSAPP View Post
                          We just bought BG for 58 billion dollars. Pretty hard to swallow will all the people I've lost over the last year. Also got news this morning we are going down to 3 rigs. They claim it's because of our much improved drilling speed. We don't need 4 rigs to drill the 49 wells we have to drill this year. I know it's true but that means I'll be giving another 4 guys some horrible news in a few weeks. Not to mention all the other guys on that rig that don't work for me.
                          Dang man that sucks. Im supposedly starting my last well Friday.

Comment

Weatheford just announced another 6000 layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                              Weatheford just announced another 6000 layoffs.
                              Yep. Luckily my shop is still good for now.

Heard yesterday that JC Fodale closed the doors. They had tripper on a Conoco location that was picked up without any notice. Had to call in another tripper company.

Comment

We just got our second paycut today. I've lost 25k in income over the last 12 months but at least I'm still working.

Comment

Working...
                                X