Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    That's why we all get so mad when people get so excited to see it fall. They think of executives and not those of us out here doing the work when they see oil companies struggling. Contrary to most people's thoughts the average working man out here is probably in the 60-70k/yr range. By no means living large
    Bingo. And the ones that are making 6 figures dont have a big hourly wage, they are busting *** working 16+hrs a day 7 day a week.

I think alot of people have a common misconception that if you work in the oil field you get paid $50 and hour or some ignorant number

Comment

Originally posted by Ungawa View Post
      So 60k is what a rough neck make.
      Actually I doubt they make that much other than drillers and some derrickmen.

I usually took home around $40k-45k

Comment

I don't know any roughnecks who cleared 70K but they acted like they made 500K.
        Last edited by RustyRanchero; 01-15-2016, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by riverrat1 View Post
          so is it time to start buying big oil stocks? Or will they take turns tanking like energy transfer did today? And linn did a while back and rig before that?
          sdrl
          lng
          hero

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            Yes, but they are an exporter. They import VERY little. In other words, they don't buy much from us, so they don't contribute much to our economy. In fact, China contributes just 0.7% to the US GDP (our economy). If China went completely out of business, our economy would still be growing.

China imported 25% as much from us as they exported to us ($106MM vs $443MM)

That's a sizeable chunk!!!
            Last edited by texansfan; 01-15-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Never foresaw this lasting for this period of time and going to where oil has dropped to. Still praying for all the families affected by the downturn. Every time I buy a gallon of gas I think of how many people these low prices are affecting.

Comment

Comment

Across the board pay cuts & a few layoffs...sigh. Rough day.

Glad to still be employed & ready for this valley we are in to turn into a peak.

Comment

I finally landed a job at home. Looks like it will pay about what I have been making ( with out per deium) and its not directly tied to the oil patch. So as of now I will be posting in the I'm glad Oil is @30 a barrel. Hang in there guys it will pick back up one of these days. But who knows when.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                      I finally landed a job at home. Looks like it will pay about what I have been making ( with out per deium) and its not directly tied to the oil patch. So as of now I will be posting in the I'm glad Oil is @30 a barrel. Hang in there guys it will pick back up one of these days. But who knows when.
                      Congrats on the job and good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                        Bingo. And the ones that are making 6 figures dont have a big hourly wage, they are busting *** working 16+hrs a day 7 day a week.

I think alot of people have a common misconception that if you work in the oil field you get paid $50 and hour or some ignorant number

Yep, I'm on a salary and a day rate for every day I'm offshore. Those days are 16hr minimums and usually closer to 20hr days in my position. And at least 28 of them in a row.

Comment

Well fellas look like I'm getting hit finally... Told we are on our last well and laying down for at least a month but I highly doubt it's close to 1 month. I'll still pull my salary just no day rates for a while

Comment

Well fellas look like I'm getting hit finally... Told we are on our last well and laying down for at least a month but I highly doubt it's close to 1 month. I'll still pull my salary just no day rates for a while
                            Hopefully it is short lived and Yall get back to work quickly.

Comment

Sorry to hear the bad news. I got hit a few weeks ago myself on the production end. I either had to transfer, go over seas, or take the package. With current trends and market, I opted for the later. No way I'm working in a place where people would rather see me without a head or move my family somewhere with out an optimistic future. Hope it comes back sooner rather than later so I can get back to doing what I love. Good luck

Comment

Sorry to hear that bphillips! Hope it sin't as bad as you think and that it gets better quick! Prayers^^

There are sure a lot of us hurting because of the downturn. It's going to be a very rough patch for what seems like it's going to be a pretty long time. SUX! I keep telling myself to "Embrace the Suck!" but it's sure **** hard to keep a head up sometimes.....especially when you have a house full of mouths depending on you.

Comment

Working...
                                X