Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
    Any of you go from working in the oil field to working in a refinery or some type of plant?
    I did, but I wasn't what I would consider true oil field. I'm a plant operator that was out of work in that field for a short time and eventually got back to it. I was a night shift pumper down in Dilley for 5 months.

Comment

I heard on Fox business channel that the days of $100 a barrel crude are gone forever. I don't know how they can say that.
      A fellow on Bowsite said a few years ago that we would never see $2 gas again.
      Some people say things.

Comment

Well, I made it through 4 rounds of layoffs with my company and got caught up in the 5th. Anyone looking for a Landman?

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
          A fellow on Bowsite said a few years ago that we would never see $2 gas again.

Some people say things.

Me neither since oil is about as finite as you can get. Trust me, it's not getting any easier to find!

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
            Well, I made it through 4 rounds of layoffs with my company and got caught up in the 5th. Anyone looking for a Landman?
            Hate to see oil uprices continue to fall and along with them many jobs fall by the wayside as companies reduce their personnel. Oil is just above 40 and looks like might fall under it. Prayers up for you and all others that have lost their jobs.

Comment

Someone I know very close got offered a 6 month pipeline project in Iowa a few days ago

$1.76 gas is what I paid yesterday

Comment

I suspect prices are going to stay depressed for awhile. I read the other day there are 1000+ wells already drilled in the Bakken waiting for prices to come up a little before they complete them. I figure it will be and up/down in a narrow range for a few years barring any big geopolitical crisis.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Isis could help this soon! As bad as that is to say![emoji15]

Comment

We're getting another round of companies asking for price cuts for our services, it's a catch 22, if we drop our rates we might as well close the doors, if they find someone else we will have to close the doors. Hope enough guys keep their jobs to keep the ol' "chicken ranch" out back up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                      We're getting another round of companies asking for price cuts for our services, it's a catch 22, if we drop our rates we might as well close the doors, if they find someone else we will have to close the doors. Hope enough guys keep their jobs to keep the ol' "chicken ranch" out back up and running.
                      Something isn't right in the company if another company can charge the same thing and make it

Bet yall find a way to make that new price work

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        Something isn't right in the company if another company can charge the same thing and make it

Pay cuts is about the only way anymore. I'm about one more pay cut from my job not being worth the time away anymore though. I'll sit at home on my nest egg and spend more time with my babies before I stay gone 300 days a year for "decent" money

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post

That may very well be true in some cases! Some folks are just willing to work and were out equipment for nothing! Also bigger companies can operate on a loss betting on the come!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                            Pay cuts is about the only way anymore. I'm about one more pay cut from my job not being worth the time away anymore though. I'll sit at home on my nest egg and spend more time with my babies before I stay gone 300 days a year for "decent" money
                            I hear ya. Decent money isn't why I work in the oilfield. I can make decent money at home. I'm working out here so I can retire while I can still enjoy retirement.

Comment

Its getting scary around here now. Were still up and going without having to borrow any money but man were cutting it close. The most frustrating thing for me is i just honestly dont have any idea what direction i would go if i decide i need to find a new industry.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                                Its getting scary around here now. Were still up and going without having to borrow any money but man were cutting it close. The most frustrating thing for me is i just honestly dont have any idea what direction i would go if i decide i need to find a new industry.
                                Not sure what I'd do either. Tried to talk my wife into dancing for dollar bills but the lazy broad shot that down quick

Comment

Working...
                                X