Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
    I agree. 100K a year is a lot of money and you should be able to enjoy a $30k vehicle a year on that. I know a lot of people that spend almost 50% and live a good comfortable life. Take 150K combined income and add two 35k vehicles that's almost 50%. That's $12,500 a month gross income and the payment is around $1300 a month. I do agree with keeping it around 10% of your gross income on your payments. It also depends on your other expenses of course
    100K is ALOT for sure!!!! I bought a truck that is 50% of my yearly salary and I dont make near 100k but I have no debt and did a 3 year note on it at below 1.5%

All boils down to how you save money and debt to income ratio

Comment

Hang in there guys! I got lucky and our company has picked up a bunch of work for DOW right here by my house. Been sitting in the same yard for 2 years looks like another 2 I'll be here. Keep yalls heads up it will pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post
        Shoot I am 3rd party on a Seadrill rig and the guys that work for seadrill took a 20% pay cut!!

In the GOM or International?

Comment

Originally posted by pin oak dxt View Post
          in the gom or international?
          gom

Comment

I was told by one of my accounts that they sold 30% less game footballs this year and mainly because the price of oil is down and the oil companies are not handing the high schools checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              I was told by one of my accounts that they sold 30% less game footballs this year and mainly because the price of oil is down and the oil companies are not handing the high schools checks.
              I can believe that.

Comment

Any of you go from working in the oil field to working in a refinery or some type of plant?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  Can't be true because some TBH know-it-alls said the money never leaves it just transfers to other areas within the economy.

Comment

Any of you go from working in the oil field to working in a refinery or some type of plant?
                    a guy that worked for me did. He actually quit before he was laid off to move into a refinery role.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      Can't be true because some TBH know-it-alls said the money never leaves it just transfers to other areas within the economy.

Yep yep!!

Comment

LAGCOE in Lafayette was pretty slow this year. Had lots of guys drop by looking for work. Hope it gets better soon.

Comment

Hope it gets better soon. I'm afraid its going to get bumpy in the next few weeks though and probably starts tomorrow with CVX earnings. Hope I'm wrong!

Comment

gom

Wow Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                              Good advice for all (not just OF). I loaded up on Key, !
                              Key needs some serious restructuring and break out the checkbook to get the right people running it. They are definitely bottom of the barrel right now in Permian.

Comment

Chevron announced 7,000 layoffs. Weatherford is doing another 1,000.

Shell posted up huge losses.... it's going to get nasty for the 4th quarter closing.

Comment

Working...
                                X