No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it booms again, my guess they will hire anyone who is breathing and can/will do the job. If it stays at its current level, I don't think I would want to have my name on the list if I was on the short list to be called back.

I worked a short time for Dr Pepper(1993) and they had what we called Chinese overtime. Somehow I went from $12/hr regular pay to $4.XX for overtime. It was obvious they didn't want you to work overtime. I took the job, but never thought that was right.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      When it booms again, my guess they will hire anyone who is breathing and can/will do the job. If it stays at its current level, I don't think I would want to have my name on the list if I was on the short list to be called back.

I worked a short time for Dr Pepper(1993) and they had what we called Chinese overtime. Somehow I went from $12/hr regular pay to $4.XX for overtime. It was obvious they didn't want you to work overtime. I took the job, but never thought that was right.
      I worked for Coca Cola in 2003-4ish and they had the same thing, except I was paid on a day rate and Chinese overtime was 1/2 time or something like that.

Comment

Was down at the ranch this last weekend and there was only one rig up, which usually there's about 10 up it seems, the rest of the guys were just maintenance guys driving around

Glad to see yall guys are doing good still, I hope it makes a bounce back soon as well, cause I am graduating and was really hoping to find a sales job in the oilfield!!

Comment

Comment

Bill Maher and oil

Only one of these could be gone tomorrow and not affect everyones lives in a negative way

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Bill Maher and oil

Only one of these could be gone tomorrow and not affect everyones lives in a negative way
              Very Well Said!

Comment

Bill Maher and oil

He is like all the other climate change fanatics. The EPA is a GOD to them.
                But it would be entertaining to watch a roughneck beat the crap out of him.

Comment

Wow!

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                  He is like all the other climate change fanatics. The EPA is a GOD to them.
                  But it would be entertaining to watch a roughneck beat the crap out of him.
                  Can you imagine the Pay Per View $$$$ we could raise? I can see the headlines now......"Watch RAGIN' beat the @&%# out of BILL MAHER!" LOL

Comment

Also more at Halliburton.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                      Can you imagine the Pay Per View $$$$ we could raise? I can see the headlines now......"Watch RAGIN' beat the @&%# out of BILL MAHER!" LOL
                      I would pay to see that!

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                        Originally posted by miket View Post
                        I would pay to see that!
                        Maher might be a little to salty for them safety hands.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                          This sucks

Comment

Just heard today that the guys we are drilling for SHOULD be funded through at least next July on the wells I have been drilling. I sure hope that holds true. I just keep scratching hoping to hang on long enough to get all the way through without getting into our savings.

Comment

Just heard today that the guys we are drilling for SHOULD be funded through at least next July on the wells I have been drilling. I sure hope that holds true. I just keep scratching hoping to hang on long enough to get all the way through without getting into our savings.
                              That is positive in these day's of uncertainty.

I have been meaning to ask you if the pecos river has been running good down that way? They are draining Brantley way below what it was from the floods we had last fall.

Comment

Question related to gas wells. Up the road from my house they have been running about a 10" water line from a previous water source on other wells on an existing pad. I am assuming they were getting ready to drill another well. This morning there is some serious noise from that direction other than the normal noise while drilling. In the beginning stages is this louder noise normal and will it quiet down?

Comment

Working...
                                X