Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
    I understand and agree with your stance on the matter...BUT...just heard on Big 2 news that they would make every effort to contact former employees, after 3 yrs non-contacted employee monies would be turned over to the U.S. Treasury. Personally I'd rather any individual receive a windfall over the gubment, put your name in, get all you can don't give it all to the Feds.
    I understand man but those guys treated me well and all in I was paid around $1k a day to work for them. My name will not be a part of a handout coordinated by lawyers. If the govt wants to be greedy that's their deal but I won't be. They more than compensated me for my work and I believe I was treated fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      I understand man but those guys treated me well and all in I was paid around $1k a day to work for them. My name will not be a part of a handout coordinated by lawyers. If the govt wants to be greedy that's their deal but I won't be. They more than compensated me for my work and I believe I was treated fairly.

X2!!!!

Comment

I saw that.. The company I left last month is in a similar suit and I keep getting mail for me to be apart of it. I see it this way and some may not agree.

These guys coming at these companies are ****ing weasels. We all agreed to the terms of our employment and the fact it was well above average made it worth it. Now these guys come on hard times and suddenly it wasn't good enough and they want a **** handout claiming they're owed that money. Technically yes they are but IMO if you already agreed to those terms you should NOT be owed anything just because you couldn't manage your **** money like a big boy.
        I would stand to clear over 100k easy by joining the lawsuit and these are trying times in the field but I agreed to those terms and that's my word and integrity, two things not for sale.

Not really.
        Say you got hired by Big Red and they told you that you would be a 1099 worker.
        A contractor.
        Which by law means you do not have to adhere to any set timelines that Big Red sets for you.
        And all these other trappings that a full fledged EMPLOYEE needs to adhere to.

And with that , they would pay you flat rate, hour for hour, worked.

You agree and are happy as a lark.

Come years later, you learn that Big Red's shifty legal team concocted that deal with you that was actually ILLEGAL when they drafted it and had you sign it, but you being none the wiser signed it anyway thinking Big Red would never cheat you.

Are you still willing to leave $100K on the table to "keep your word" even though Big Red broke several laws in order for you to give up your $100K in extra pay in the first place?

Comment

They broke the law. Just because people didn't understand what they were signing doesn't make it right.

Comment

Which THE LAW is saying they should have been paying you AT LEAST $1,500 per day. Yes, $1k per day is nice but $1,500 per day puts a few more $1.78 gals of gas in the tank.

Comment

So will people suing the an oil field company get black listed from future employment in the oil field if they join the suit? Basically will it be a case where companies won't hire them because they will be afraid of getting sued?

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                So will people suing the an oil field company get black listed from future employment in the oil field if they join the suit? Basically will it be a case where companies won't hire them because they will be afraid of getting sued?

Oh you bet ur *** they will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post

Kind of what I figured based on how it goes in other professions. Seems like it would be prudent for people to keep that in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                    Yep oilfield is a small world.

A lot that jumped in at the end of this last boom that have now busted are pretty bitter. But im sure they will be back in the application line when it picks back up with their oilfield stickers and Tshirts saying how much they love it.

In the meantime a lot of low life attorneys see them as the means for a payday and are preying on the bitterness.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
                      Kind of what I figured based on how it goes in other professions. Seems like it would be prudent for people to keep that in mind.

Yep! As for me I get paid 7 days a week based on a 10 hour day (which we always work more). Not hourly but a set day rate plus milage. If we only work 6 days or get rained out I still get paid. My OT hours would trump that but it's in my contract and I'm not bitchin about it.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                        Crazy how people knowingly sign up for a job and pay but later want to go back on that agreement. Low life attorneys and law firms are lower than whale #####.

Easy now...that's like saying everyone that works in the o&g industry are pure trash. You will probably need one in your life time.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          Not really.
                          Say you got hired by Big Red and they told you that you would be a 1099 worker.
                          A contractor.
                          Which by law means you do not have to adhere to any set timelines that Big Red sets for you.
                          And all these other trappings that a full fledged EMPLOYEE needs to adhere to.

And with that , they would pay you flat rate, hour for hour, worked.

You agree and are happy as a lark.

Come years later, you learn that Big Red's shifty legal team concocted that deal with you that was actually ILLEGAL when they drafted it and had you sign it, but you being none the wiser signed it anyway thinking Big Red would never cheat you.

Are you still willing to leave $100K on the table to "keep your word" even though Big Red broke several laws in order for you to give up your $100K in extra pay in the first place?
                          Yes I absolutely am willing to leave it which is what I am doing now. I read it, I understood it, and I thought it was fair. I'm not gonna cry foul now that times are hard. 100k is a whole lot of money but I am who I am and that doesn't change because a lawyer can get me more than I agreed to.

This isn't only contract hands this is day rate employees also

Originally posted by Huggybear View Post
                          They broke the law. Just because people didn't understand what they were signing doesn't make it right.
                          Very few if any didn't understand what they signed up for they just see $ they don't have to work for now.

Guys I know not everyone will agree now but those that are apart of it will be wondering later why they can't make the same money without working a lot more. The answer to that will be their own **** greed. Man the hell up. If you agree to something accept it, if not don't take the job.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post

I was offered to get involved in a 24 Million dollar overtime lawsuit with my employer years ago and declined. I left a job in 2002 making $7.00 and hr and took a job making $620 a week trading pay thinking it was fair. After training I went to a base plus commission making around $1,200 a week after my 3rd year. Sometimes I worked 50 to 60 hrs a week with no overtime but that's what I signed up for. After years of litigation and the amount was settled at $24 million. I asked upper management about the suit and they said if I were you I would join the suit and get a piece of the pie since the amount is already set. Well guess what I joined at the last minute and I can now retire early on my $2.60 check I received. If I would have joined in the beginning I would have gotten around $26k but don't regret it at all. Till this day I'm with the same company and they treat me right. I think I still have that check laying around somewhere.
                            Last edited by Black Ice; 09-23-2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Yes I absolutely am willing to leave it which is what I am doing now. I read it, I understood it, and I thought it was fair. I'm not gonna cry foul now that times are hard. 100k is a whole lot of money but I am who I am and that doesn't change because a lawyer can get me more than I agreed to.

Very few if any didn't understand what they signed up for they just see $ they don't have to work for now.

Guys I know not everyone will agree now but those that are apart of it will be wondering later why they can't make the same money without working a lot more. The answer to that will be their own **** greed. Man the hell up. If you agree to something accept it, if not don't take the job.

I don't know who raised you,Bobby or if your stripes have came through a Baptism by oilfield fire but you have stayed wise through the good and the bad of the business. When it's all said and done money will not be what matters anymore,it will be what we did here that does.
                              Last edited by KingsX; 09-23-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Yep. $100,000 and getting black balled vs hundreds of thousands and keep on working. That and I'm can't stand all the lawsuits.

Comment

Working...
                                X