Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
    I can understand your frustration. The people you concearn yourself with do not represent the O&G industry as a whole.

True. I don't fault anyone for doing whatever it is they due to make a living. Never while. You can tell he's happy by his comment that some of this big shot oil guys are sitting home wishing they had a crappy little job. Number 1 no job is crappy per say. 2 I don't wanna see a cashier out of work. That attitude makes no sense to me. He'll get it beat out of em one day he keeps that up. Its actually pretty childish to me. Sounds like he's ****** that some people do make more than him. It's all relative. Make what you make. There is always someone somewhere that's makes more than all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      True. I don't fault anyone for doing whatever it is they due to make a living. Never while. You can tell he's happy by his comment that some of this big shot oil guys are sitting home wishing they had a crappy little job. Number 1 no job is crappy per say. 2 I don't wanna see a cashier out of work. That attitude makes no sense to me. He'll get it beat out of em one day he keeps that up. Its actually pretty childish to me. Sounds like he's ****** that some people do make more than him. It's all relative. Make what you make. There is always someone somewhere that's makes more than all of us.

You're good at twisting words to make yourself seem more important than others.

I NEVER said anything about being happy someone lost their job.
      Do I feel sorry for them? Not really.
      They left a stable job and chose to work in a volatile industry where it is a high chance of getting laid off at some point.
      I compare it to feeling sorry for a bull rider when he hurts his shoulder. He knew there was a high chance of it happening.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by denowt View Post
        You're good at twisting words to make yourself seem more important than others.

I NEVER said anything about being happy someone lost their job.
        Do I feel sorry for them? Not really.
        They left a stable job and chose to work in a volatile industry where it is a high chance of getting laid off at some point.
        I compare it to feeling sorry for a bull rider when he hurts his shoulder. He knew there was a high chance of it happening.

Hahahahahaha. Me more important?! Now I know ur talkin out your ***. You sure have an unjustified issue with the oilfield for some reason. There must be some underlying issues you're to embarrassed to discuss. Because this issue you have about people doing what they thought best at the time to better their lives makes absolutely no sense whatsoever dude.

Comment

With all of these price/pay cuts, and companies still operating at the reduced profits, it brings to light just how much money is being thrown around and wasted when the oil/gas prices are inflated.

Flame away, but I ask that you argue with facts.
          He came here looking for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post

On the "internet".

Comment

Not worth bickering about comments with only a handful of true 'on hand' stories of why folks ACTUALLY left a so called good job & could not return...it is what it is & way too many one sided stories to generalize the argument as whole.

All I'm saying is there could be variety of reasons why they indeed left & why they could not return. You can't paint the masses as leaving good jobs they & their employer were so happy with for this easy OG money and then came back to burnt bridges with such a broad stroke. People can and will make foolish decisions & their are lots of dynamics to the jobs left behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A big 'iron works' outfit in Alice that supports the OG had to make some cut backs and ownership decided to offer a package & looking for 25 employees to take 3 month pay, plus any & all benefits owed...over double the amount signed up & ownership gladly accepted their resignations. My understanding it was offered in good spirit that the hopeful folks to take it would have been older employees ready & in a position for retirement. Didn't work out that way for the most part. Not sure why anyone currently employed that is tied to OG (especially the younger folks) would even consider this easy $$$$ without having something else lined up. Especially in a town that has an economy tied to OG thriving. I'm told we recently got a bunch of applications with last job on the resume from an iron works. 3 months goes by pretty fast & I hope those who did this learned a valuable lesson that applies to all aspects of life & not just apply it to one industry, job or employer.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                ~~~~~~~~~~~

A big 'iron works' outfit in Alice that supports the OG had to make some cut backs and ownership decided to offer a package & looking for 25 employees to take 3 month pay, plus any & all benefits owed...over double the amount signed up & ownership gladly accepted their resignations. My understanding it was offered in good spirit that the hopeful folks to take it would have been older employees ready & in a position for retirement. Didn't work out that way for the most part. Not sure why anyone currently employed that is tied to OG (especially the younger folks) would even consider this easy $$$$ without having something else lined up. Especially in a town that has an economy tied to OG thriving. I'm told we recently got a bunch of applications with last job on the resume from an iron works. 3 months goes by pretty fast & I hope those who did this learned a valuable lesson that applies to all aspects of life & not just apply it to one industry, job or employer.
                The baby boomers just don't want to leave?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                  The baby boomers just don't want to leave?
                  Depends on who you ask...I was pretty amazed about the whole deal as it's not like the situation was a surprise with all the hourly cut backs that had already taken place there.

Our main machinist (who is in his late 60's & used to work at said iron works) told me: "You wouldn't retire either if you had to stay home with some of those wives...why do you think I'm still working??" He's just being a wise guy but really can't say. I can understand not wanting to retire, but taking three months easy money when times are tough is asinine imo & it shows with some of the fallout feedback.

Comment

No beef, just tired of hearing complaints about being gone from home when oil is booming, then complaining about being at home when oil is down.

I never singled you or anyone else out, so I'm not sure why you felt the need to attack, but that shouldn't surprise me about you.
                    Almost every thread you post in involves you insulting/demeaning someone else who has an opinion different than yours.
                    You've already baited me into more of an argument than I intended, since you failed to give any facts and can only attack someone who doesn't agree with your opinion.

Good day to you. I hope you find happiness one day.
                    Nailed it on the head man. Its typical of him and he will do it to anyone he can.

Comment

Hes not the one talking about skull dragging people and taking some skin of his nose I think we all know who the internet tough guy is.

Comment

Not trying to argue, but most people would also say they deserve every cent of their pay.

My point is/was there are people who left good paying jobs to work in an oil job.
                        Then they complain about being gone from home/family.
                        Now they're sitting at home because oil field slowed down.
                        They now fall into 1 of 2 categories.
                        1. They won't take a normal wage job because the pay is "beneath" them.
                        2. No one will hire them because they'll quit as soon as oil field picks back up.
                        I do not know about this being a fact, if we can only state the facts in this discussion.

Comment

Denowt it seems that you may have applied for one of "high paying" O&G jobs and didnt get it. But one of your old friends got and was able to buy all those "toys'' and rubbed it in your face. Just my guess, I'm probably wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                            Hes not the one talking about skull dragging people and taking some skin of his nose I think we all know who the internet tough guy is.
                            A forum fight.

Comment

A forum fight.

That guy. Lmao!!! I guess he has a hard time reading. I never said it would be me. Anyone in the OF knows that Rough Necks won't take that kinda talk long. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                                Denowt it seems that you may have applied for one of "high paying" O&G jobs and didnt get it. But one of your old friends got and was able to buy all those "toys'' and rubbed it in your face. Just my guess, I'm probably wrong though.

I've got no beef in this argument, but I hear this from time to time from people who work in the oilfield. You do realize there are lots of high paying jobs that aren't in the oilfield. The vast majority of people don't work in the oilfield. Just an example, I looked into getting into the oilfield, and I would have had to take a pay cut, to do the same job as I do now.

Comment

Working...
                                X