Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Okay!!!! That's baloney. They laid a pile of us off.

I'm sorry to hear that. We didn't lay off one person and I have buddies in the Eagle Ford who didn't either that are in the midstream side... I'm in the Barnett Shale and operate a gas plant.

Comment

Boomtowners is on the Smithsonian channel (570 direct)
      Last edited by ladrones; 04-26-2015, 07:33 PM.

Comment

What going on here?

Comment

prices still trending upward? Saw a good turn, maybe it will keep upward

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
            prices still trending upward? Saw a good turn, maybe it will keep upward
            Yep! $59.08 right now. Yaaaaahoooo! Keep climbing baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
              Yep! $59.08 right now. Yaaaaahoooo! Keep climbing baby!
              WOW! $60 is best its been in a long while

Companies have still been laying off in the past 30 days so makes you wonder what they know? Since prices are climbing

Comment

Stop taking about it and let it roll baby!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                  Hmmm I was laid off from Baker and only received one months pay as severance. Blows my mind what two weeks makes on layoffs in difference in severance.
                  How many years were you with them and were you salary or hourly?

Its usually 1 weeks pay for every ear served for the salary folks and they max it out at 13 weeks I think.

Comment

Our company I hear is letting a few people go and they took our pickups if we report to the same location dailey.

There is an advantage to no company vehicle, its Friday and when I leave the plant today I will head straight to the local tavern for a couple of beers!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      WOW! $60 is best its been in a long while

Companies have still been laying off in the past 30 days so makes you wonder what they know? Since prices are climbing
                      They don't really know anything other than they aren't making the money to support those job's RIGHT NOW.

They'll regret some of the layoffs when the lag time gap closes between oil rising and when folks start drilling again.

Comment

We have actually expanded, I'm on the production side (chemicals) and we just landed a huge account. Everyone is shopping everything right now, so low prices go a long way during a downturn

Comment

Originally posted by Rage em View Post
                          We have actually expanded, I'm on the production side (chemicals) and we just landed a huge account. Everyone is shopping everything right now, so low prices go a long way during a downturn
                          Who do you work for if you don't mind me asking? On chemical side to and we are adding people too.

Comment

Oil closed at over $60 today for the first time in 6 months. I sure thought it was going the other way when it started this upswing...but we'll take it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
                              Oil closed at over $60 today for the first time in 6 months. I sure thought it was going the other way when it started this upswing...but we'll take it!

Shhhhhhhhh! LOL ! This is a good day!!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                                Shhhhhhhhh! LOL ! This is a good day!!
                                Yep.. EOG chairman said at $65 they will increase drilling again

Comment

Working...
                                X