Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
    Just got my walking papers this morning. I'm headed to Midland as we speak if anyone wants to buy me a severance beer

We lost 7 rigs over the weekend, down to 10, and rumored to lose a couple more between now and June. Tough times are gonna get tougher now that baby #2 is on the way. That isn't anyones burden but mine to bare though. If anyone hears of any job on a drilling rig anywhere in the world, hit me up. I can do any job on location and probably have to an extent at some point. Walk tall men, the worst part is close, it'll start getting better in a few months.

Hate to hear it Steve. I know you'll catch on somewhere. I'm running some lines with some of the DD companies that we work closely with and will send you some contact info.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Hate to hear it Steve. I know you'll catch on somewhere. I'm running some lines with some of the DD companies that we work closely with and will send you some contact info.
      Class act, thanks Michael!

Comment

Hate to hear of all these layoffs, hope you find something soon. My brother still hasnt found anything. There have been quite a few layed off on the manufacturing side of the oilfield. We are holding steady for the moment but work on my side business has slowed way down. I have been trying to widen my client base but I am the worst salesman ever. If anyone knows of any shops looking for CNC machine work done ( specifically mill work though I have relationships with a few shops to get pretty much anything done ) dont be shy and send em my way. Im a 20+yr machinist/programmer Northwest of Houston. I can quote competitively because my costs are low but my main goals are Quality and On-Time delivery.

Comment

Probably gonna be a big move in oil one way or the other when the outcome of the Iran talks surface.

Comment

Guess imma have to change my screen name to plumber helper. This sucks.

Comment

My buddy got laid off yesterday as welll!

I think it may be 2-3 months before we notice any positive movings

Comment

Finally getting started on my new job. Going offshore is gonna be interesting.

Really hope those of you out of work find something soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post

Good luck man! Head down and ears pinned back, Do whatever they ask, And make a hand. Best of luck out there

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post

Who are you working for?

Comment

Wife & I will be coming to fish with you

Originally posted by brunner View Post
                      PM sent
                      PM in your mailbox. No rush on reply. I am offshore still.

Hang in there bro!

Comment

We lost 10 good men including myself today in this round of lay offs. Word from the office is they're about to hit the guys that are left with yet another pay cut. They've already been cut almost 50%. I suspect some of the remaining guys will just walk off when they hit them again.

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                          Who are you working for?
                          Tetra

Comment

We lost 10 good men including myself today in this round of lay offs. Word from the office is they're about to hit the guys that are left with yet another pay cut. They've already been cut almost 50%. I suspect some of the remaining guys will just walk off when they hit them again.
                            dang man, hate to hear it :/

Comment

Dang hate to hear of the layoffs and paycuts. Prayers sent for all.

Im afraid the price will continue to drop. Saudi forming the collation again the Iranian backed Houthi and the price only jumped $2 the first day that they launched the attack then gave up all those gains in day 2. And I wont go into the fact that the US is on the sidelines from helping one of its biggest allies in the region because they are negotiating a nuke deal with Iran. If political instability in that region cant cause prices to jump, I'm afraid of the short term outlook. If possible look in the defense sector to jobs. The Saudi lead collation will need equipment if we continue to stay on the sidelines.

If anyone knows how to program in JavaScript and would relocate to Austin, PM me. I have a few opens that I just posted.
                              Last edited by BigL; 03-31-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Check that, 10 Directional Drillers and 10 MWD's. 20 men total.

Comment

Working...
                                X