Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kashmoney View Post

Buddy sent me this today. I think it's the same yard but obviously a few more rigs stacked. Sad. Prayers for all you guys and your families.

Comment

Originally posted by kashmoney View Post
      Buddy sent me this today. I think it's the same yard but obviously a few more rigs stacked. Sad. Prayers for all you guys and your families.
      There's about 30 more that layed down in that yard and aren't stood up. It's a disgusting sight.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
        All you have to do, is put him on ignore and you won't ever see what he posts unless someone "Quotes" it. Some like to stir and some lick the spoon.

Click the username, then "View Public Profile", under the username, click "User lists", then "add to ignore list", click on Ok to confirm and never read another posts.
        This will save me from getting put in the cooler!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
          Well let's see... I've drilled wells in all corners of Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland, North Dakota, the Gulf of Mexico, and on Sahklin Island in Russia, been through 3 of these slow down periods and there is a common dominator every time. Middle of the pack rigs and rigs with cheaper day rates keep drilling unless there's a special circumstance like this particular rig and Pioneer having hedged oil prices.

"We're drilling these wells too fast, they can't get rid of us." HA! Rig moves are expensive, the fastest drilling rigs won't go in the first cut, but they're always gone in the 2nd. I could give you example after example of "flag ship" rigs getting cut while middle of the pack rigs stayed drilling. In 07 Nabors had 39 rigs running in Colorado. By spring of 09 they had 2. Guess which 2 survived... M13 and M15. For the style of rig they where, they where worn out piles of garbage. Encanna used that as a bargin chip and got their day rates lowered. They're still drilling now but have been absorbed by the Wyoming district.

I don't claim to know it all, but I know enough about the industry to see through your propagated BS in every post you've made on this thread since the beginning. Everything I've posted above is fact... So indeed sir, you do stand corrected.
          Pure Awesomeness right there!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeRichardson View Post
            You absolutely know my father
            I have caught a couple of jobs with your father. He is a good man

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              als
              als?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                Here are a couple charts.

there's a reason the eagleford is going to stay stronger than some other areas..

The bakken is higher cost to drill, and the rates fall off much faster. in a nutshell, the production falls to half in about half a year from a "typical" bakken well.
                Yes, but look at 3-year decline....

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                  Yes, but look at 3-year decline....
                  my point was that in 6-12 months, all these wells fall off to less than half of their initial production rates.

a lot of people that aren't really tied look at these IP rates, and don't understand the wells produce that amount for a very short time span.

250 rigs in the eagleford, drilling 2 wells a month average with average IP rate of *** bbls, is going to be reduced faster than some folks realize... in my opinion.

playing the long ball, it could be said that the bakken is still a very profitable play, but for the guys losing their jobs right now, I think the short term (6-12 months) is a key factor to consider.

also... that's an old chart, and there are wells that are IP'ing with much higher flow rates now... so who knows.
                  Last edited by kyle1974; 03-13-2015, 09:45 AM.

Comment

my point was that in 6-12 months, all these wells fall off to less than half of their initial production rates.

a lot of people that aren't really tied look at these IP rates, and don't understand the wells produce that amount for a very short time span.

250 rigs in the eagleford, drilling 2 wells a month average with average IP rate of *** bbls, is going to be reduced faster than some folks realize... in my opinion.

playing the long ball, it could be said that the bakken is still a very profitable play, but for the guys losing their jobs right now, I think the short term (6-12 months) is a key factor to consider.

also... that's an old chart, and there are wells that are IP'ing with much higher flow rates now... so who knows.
                    I agree on all points. I was just pointing out 3 year decline because I think it will be interesting to see how these plays end up declining on a whole. We don't have that much data on it. I am curious to see how they play out.

Comment

I hope we don't have to wait 3 years!! LOL

Comment

Haha. No kidding!

Comment

Prayers sent for all of us that this DOESN'T happen!

I keep hoping for a mild upswing and continuing trend there of at the end of summer.

wishful thinking, but I have no problem keepin on dreamin!

Comment

IMO we still have 6-12 months. The last wells that were being drilled when prices tanked for the first time below 60 are still being connected. In other words if production slows 6 months after wells start selling oil we have at least 6 months left.

Now IMO once that day hits the rebound will be sharp and fast. Speculators will over buy oil and it will go up higher than we think before settling back down.

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                              als?
                              I run a form of artificial lift sytems

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                                I run a form of artificial lift sytems
                                What kind?

Comment

Working...
                                X