Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
    Our 401k matching was the first thing to go, only cut us 10% so far but they have laid off close to 50% of our field staff and close to 70 shop and office guys. They are working the guys that are left really hard with few days off. Cuts came hard fast and early for us but god willing we wont have any more

Our 401K got cut first also....taken 3 paycuts. Down 30% at the moment. But still working.

Who do ya'll work for?

Comment

Ugh! I guess I'm Goin to Minnesota for about 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        Ugh! I guess I'm Goin to Minnesota for about 4 months.
        At least its almost spring! Walleye fishing should be picking up aye!

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
          At least its almost spring! Walleye fishing should be picking up aye!

Won't have time. 6/7 days a week.

Comment

So with no place to put reserves will prices start to drop again? Or is this already baked into the prices?

I'm thinking/guessing they try to make one more panic sell-off in the next 1-2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
              So with no place to put reserves will prices start to drop again? Or is this already baked into the prices?

I'm thinking/guessing they try to make one more panic sell-off in the next 1-2 months.
              I think we are going to see prices drop again. This is going to be ugly for at least 1-2 years I think.

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                I think we are going to see prices drop again. This is going to be ugly for at least 1-2 years I think.
                Please tell us why??

Comment

.x
                  Last edited by Boomerang; 03-10-2015, 07:51 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                    Please tell us why??
                    He has read jmarlin's posts and figured it sounded legit

Comment

...any educated guesses on a timeline?? Was discussing this with my boss today.

I'm way new on this stuff, but 1-2yrs sounds like a ballpark if I had to guess on a very uneducated side...it certainly doesn't look like opec is going to change course anytime soon??

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

I'm way new on this stuff, but 1-2yrs sounds like a ballpark if I had to guess on a very uneducated side...it certainly doesn't look like opec is going to change course anytime soon??

Agreed. I'm hoping it keeps inching it's way up. It would be nice to see $65 a barrel by Mays end but I'm not betting on it.

Comment

That's my guess as well. It just doesn't look good for the oil field.

Comment

Getting real ugly down here. My dad's good friend was laid off today. One of my best friend is barely hanging on. Will have to lay off 10 guys now. Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
                              Getting real ugly down here. My dad's good friend was laid off today. One of my best friend is barely hanging on. Will have to lay off 10 guys now. Prayers sent.

Man that sux! Hopefully it'll pick back up. There are a pile of us laid of right now and many of my friends have been cut up to 40% in pay. But at least it beats unemployment. Sorry for your guys. And I know how bad it sux to be the one to have to do it. Always made my stomach churn.

Comment

In the past when oil tanked from it's peak, how long did it take to recover? How low did it drop?

Comment

Working...
                                X