No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got pay cuts starting this week finally, thankfully I am in a secure position (for now) and I have some $$ stashed away to float through this. Gonna be a bit boring for my life until the industry recovers some.

Thanking the Lord above that I'm still able to work, so no real complaints out of me (yet)

Comment

I honestly don't know what's held prices in the $50-$55 range for so long. Guess it gives the big players an opportunity to make more money shorting the market once enough people have bought into the oil "recovery"?

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        Our 2nd round of lay cuts hit yesterday. Sr hands have been cut as much as 50% of their pay. Mine was cut 38%
        Wow, that's pretty big. Unfortunately, I think the pay cuts may be here to stay indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
          My BIL made over 100k year before last and had nothing to show for it when he switched jobs.
          Kind of guy this thread was originally designed for. Sad

Comment

Anybody work for Nabors/CanRig Drilling Technology in the Houston Office? If you do please PM. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by schmalzy View Post
              Anybody work for Nabors/CanRig Drilling Technology in the Houston Office? If you do please PM. Thanks!
              Contact Bud Mullins aka TexasBOWhunter on here. Bud works with the PACE Support group. Pretty good ol boy too.

Comment

Contact Bud Mullins aka TexasBOWhunter on here. Bud works with the PACE Support group. Pretty good ol boy too.
                Appreciate the heads up Jooger.

Comment

Comment

Our 2nd round of lay cuts hit yesterday. Sr hands have been cut as much as 50% of their pay. Mine was cut 38%
                    Dang Jooger, that sux. Like we all said tho, at least we still have our jobs. Let's pray it stays that way. Best of luck brotha.

Comment

dang 50%? I would have to wonder if that would even be worth being gone like I am. Hope everybody can hang on.

Comment

He may be right. I heard on the news yesterday that we keep over buying oil and our reserves will soon be maxed out causing the price to drop some more.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                          He may be right. I heard on the news yesterday that we keep over buying oil and our reserves will soon be maxed out causing the price to drop some more.
                          We are "over producing" and our oil coffers are very close to their max. It's gonna take a while to sort through this supply versus demand issue.

Comment

Have family and friends in the oil and gas industry. Good luck to all you guys. Here is what the CEO of Exxon has to say about the prices of oil. http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat...il-prices.html

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                              We are "over producing" and our oil coffers are very close to their max. It's gonna take a while to sort through this supply versus demand issue.
                              Let's turn a blind eye to our diminishing storage capabilities while inventories build by 10 million barrels a week and expect prices to rise in the wake of all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                                Let's turn a blind eye to our diminishing storage capabilities while inventories build by 10 million barrels a week and expect prices to rise in the wake of all of this.
                                with all the cuts......just maybe you have a chance of keeping that "toxic evil" out of your back yard. I sometimes get the feeling that some just post to post.smh

Comment

Working...
                                X