• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      Will this help NG prices?
      Above my pay grade. I know they find a bunch of gas out here so they are probably getting the infrastructure in place for production. Just putting out the info as we have folks looking for work and that might be an option for some real soon.

Comment

Sounds like there was quite a bit of history involved. What else can you say but, wow?

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          Dang

Comment

Heard basic laid off a couple hundred in Permian this week...anyone else heard that?

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
              I haven't heard about that but I did hear the Benbrook office closed the doors.
              From what I was told, Weatherford was wanting to downsize from 400 offices to 100. Did they shut down the training facility in Benbrook ? I was there last week for a H2S / NORM training class.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodes520 View Post
                From what I was told, Weatherford was wanting to downsize from 400 offices to 100. Did they shut down the training facility in Benbrook ? I was there last week for a H2S / NORM training class.
                Not sure what all they have in Benbrook, but there is still a bunch of vehicles at the facility on Winscott and I-20 when I drove though there Wednesday morning.

Comment

Times like these make me thankful that we have not tried to Get BIG like a lot of the oilfield companies. And being a machine shop i can always try finding something else to build. I am hoping it doesn't come to that but only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                    Times like these make me thankful that we have not tried to Get BIG like a lot of the oilfield companies. And being a machine shop i can always try finding something else to build. I am hoping it doesn't come to that but only time will tell.
                    Growth isn't the problem. The problem is growing at a sustainable pace while keeping debt low to nil. The companies you are going to see that go under or acquired likely have high debt.

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
                      Growth isn't the problem. The problem is growing at a sustainable pace while keeping debt low to nil. The companies you are going to see that go under or acquired likely have high debt.

This is spot on!!

Comment

Originally posted by KR-oldmexico View Post
                        This is spot on!!

Yeah Biggs....I tried telling you this months ago!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                          Yeah Biggs....I tried telling you this months ago!!!

Ha! We've been down sizing far before oil went down! We are still rocking and rolling for now.......... We just hope and pray we can stick it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
                            Not sure what all they have in Benbrook, but there is still a bunch of vehicles at the facility on Winscott and I-20 when I drove though there Wednesday morning.
                            We have been sending parts to Precision (Weatherford) in Benbrook on a regular basis still, the last big shipment being this past monday.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              Yep. Just a couple of months ago I was seriously considering a new ( to me ) CNC lathe. Glad I held off. At this point I am good for well over a year without any work.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                                Yep. Just a couple of months ago I was seriously considering a new ( to me ) CNC lathe. Glad I held off. At this point I am good for well over a year without any work.

We have bought two brand new cnc over the last 6 years. One is paid for and one we only owe 50-60k on a 400k machine. The problem for us is growing means a 800k plus machine. And until we run a full blown night shift no reason to buy one

Comment

Working...
                                X