No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhuntertex, sorry to hear that! I like you're attitude tho. Keep your head up and He'll help you out. He always does.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
      I got an email the other day for a job with a major operator in the Eagle Ford. I worked for them subcontracted for 3 years up until a year ago. I'm kind of afraid to go back with oil prices the way they are? What do yall think? Oh, and going there would be a $4.40/hour raise from my current job.
      What would your schedule be like? Gone from home for a week(s) at a time? If so, I don't know if I could just for an extra $9k+ a year. But that's up to you and your wife. I'm sure yall have already but I'd talk with her and just go from there. Whatever you decide, good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
        You just can't stop can you? You are just giddy with the fact so many are out of work. Speaks volumes of your character. I'm done with Ya.
        It has nothing to do with him being giddy that so many people are out of work. I would assume that it has everything to do with him being able to save some money or spend it elsewhere, than it has to do with people being out of jobs. I would assume that it has everything to do with him being able to look out for number one and look out for his family.

I am sorry that you are out of a job, but I, too, want gas to stay at $40 per barrel. Is it because I want you to be out of a job? NO. It is because it is better for me, my family, and my daughters. I get to save more money and pay more bills.

I am also sorry that you are getting so butt hurt about the fact that some people like the price of oil where it is, because it helps them out in the long run. I don't see or hear you offering to help me pay my bills when oil is $80-$100 per barrel, yet I don't come on here and complain and moan about you raking in the big bucks when oil is that high. I tell you what, I will pray that oil goes back up to $100 per barrel. When it does, how about you send me a check for $350 each month, to cover the increase in cost of living for me and my family. It is a win-win for both of us and no one has to get on a website and gripe and moan about anything. You get to work, making $$$$ and I get to still not pay as much for gas. DEAL??

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          What would your schedule be like? Gone from home for a week(s) at a time? If so, I don't know if I could just for an extra $9k+ a year. But that's up to you and your wife. I'm sure yall have already but I'd talk with her and just go from there. Whatever you decide, good luck to you.
          Home every day. 20 min commute. Only bad thing in the deal is can't take company truck home.

Comment

Pipeline locator. I am married w/ two kids (3 and almost 2 months) and debt free. If they want to hire me I don't know if I can say no.
            Very few if any companies are going to cut back on line locates and one calls. There've been way to many line strikes, the companies are cracking down hoping to head off more/stricter regulations that will more than likely come down from some of these investigations. Another plus is it's already law to call/locate before digging.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
              Very few if any companies are going to cut back on line locates and one calls. There've been way to many line strikes, the companies are cracking down hoping to head off more/stricter regulations that will more than likely come down from some of these investigations. Another plus is it's already law to call/locate before digging.
              I look at one calls all day gets kind of old after a while though...

Comment

Time for this thread to be taken down

Comment

I look at one calls all day gets kind of old after a while though...
                  Sorry dude! I'm one of those few thousand guys that's in hurry and sending all those wayward maps and confusing GPS coordinates in 3-5 times a day.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
                    Time for this thread to be taken down
                    I think it should stay. The title says "hey oilfield guys! " so one would assume the op is addressing OILFIELD WORKERS. There are some that can't find the back button and have to spew their holier than thou self righteous opinions on a thread that doesn't pertain to them. They really have no clue what or why things happen in the patch, but they sure have an opinion on it, or an opinion why a person shouldn't chase money.

Comment

Originally posted by jpowledge View Post
                      I think it should stay.
                      I would like for it to also, but with the stand that Axis_Killer is making the thread is quickly getting derailed from its intended purpose. I have found this thread useful from the original post. But tired of seeing trolls that think they are smarter than everyone else ruin good threads. If he would move on we would be back to good.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        Well I got the call today. Time to start looking for work locally. They gave me a 6 weeks severance pay and my health insurance is good through the end of March.

It will be nice to be home with the family but I am sure whatever work I find will be a big pay cut. We are good financially but won't be able to do whatever we want when we want.

Hopefully there aren't to many more cuts and it will pick up again for those of you still employeed.
                        Sorry Amigo.
                        Hope something good pans out. I'll send one up for you.

Comment

The simple fact of the matter is every O/G employee gets very upset/defensive when you mention how much money is in the field and how much O/G employees make.

Just like any other profession where people think someone is overpaid.

Yes oil prices being low work in many people's favor but YES the thread was designed for O/G employees to be prepared for the bust and start saving.

Good luck to everyone who has lost a job and hope yall can find a new job. I know a few people who no longer are employeed in the field so I know how it goes and how it feels.

Remember God always has a plan and he knows best!

Comment

wow glad i havent checked this thread today.. I am just going to skip reading it.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Aside from jobs being lost, hopefully people realize where $40 a bbl oil is coming from and the countries it supports.

Comment

I am a coach and completely understand the damage that oil prices are doing to the economy. Hopefully we can get this thing turned around before more people are affected.

Comment

Working...
                                X