Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    Why do guys with a problem with oilfield people keep coming to an oilfield thread?? Surely it's to help, offer support, or add something constructive right
    x2. Thanks to all who are offering support. Might seem insignificant but it helps. We weren't all gloating when the times were good.

Comment

Well I got the call today. Time to start looking for work locally. They gave me a 6 weeks severance pay and my health insurance is good through the end of March.

It will be nice to be home with the family but I am sure whatever work I find will be a big pay cut. We are good financially but won't be able to do whatever we want when we want.

Hopefully there aren't to many more cuts and it will pick up again for those of you still employeed.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
        Well I got the call today. Time to start looking for work locally. They gave me a 6 weeks severance pay and my health insurance is good through the end of March.

It will be nice to be home with the family but I am sure whatever work I find will be a big pay cut. We are good financially but won't be able to do whatever we want when we want.

Hopefully there aren't to many more cuts and it will pick up again for those of you still employeed.
        I'm sorry to hear that bud. Prayers up for rapid employment!

Comment

Sorry to hear.

Comment

ouch Will.....

I will keep my eyes open for you guys.

I can't support you guys at the level of income you were making, but if it gets bad and you can melt some metal together, we can surely work out something to help each other out.

We always have some kind of stupid project going on round here that involves welding....

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
              ouch Will.....

I will keep my eyes open for you guys.

I can't support you guys at the level of income you were making, but if it gets bad and you can melt some metal together, we can surely work out something to help each other out.

We always have some kind of stupid project going on round here that involves welding....

Comment

I got an email the other day for a job with a major operator in the Eagle Ford. I worked for them subcontracted for 3 years up until a year ago. I'm kind of afraid to go back with oil prices the way they are? What do yall think? Oh, and going there would be a $4.40/hour raise from my current job.

Comment

Looks like 2015 is round 2 for the business to look into "efficiency". We just went through a reorg at the end of 2014, but now there's a new project for the whole business.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/54739845"]Office Space Interview with the Bobs on Vimeo[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
                    I got an email the other day for a job with a major operator in the Eagle Ford. I worked for them subcontracted for 3 years up until a year ago. I'm kind of afraid to go back with oil prices the way they are? What do yall think? Oh, and going there would be a $4.40/hour raise from my current job.
                    well, at a straight 40/wk, that'd be about $9k, but i'm sure there's OT, so let's say it'd be an extra $15k+/year, easily. what's that worth to ya? If I were single, I'd say yes, because if you make it through the downturn, then when things pick up, they'll usually want to start promoting from within when it comes back. it's a risk/reward balance. If I were married and making that decision, well there's a whole new set of criteria I have to consider, stability of family, moving, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterchris View Post
                      Depends on the job

Comment

Sure hate to see this, for you and anybody else, Will. Regardless of anybody's opinion of oil prices or "the oilfield" in general, it's difficult to see real people - friends - whose livelihoods are directly impacted by this - and not just financially. Prayers for you and your family.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Sorry to hear that Will. Prayers up for strength and guidance!!!

Comment

Thanks guys for the thoughts and prayers. I will find something I always do. The good Lord has a plan for me and he will direct me to my next endeavor.

Comment

Thanks guys for the thoughts and prayers. I will find something I always do. The good Lord has a plan for me and he will direct me to my next endeavor.
                              Keep the faith. It always helps to think the way you do!
                              Best of luck in finding a New gig...

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Depends on the job
                                Pipeline locator. I am married w/ two kids (3 and almost 2 months) and debt free. If they want to hire me I don't know if I can say no.

Comment

Working...
                                X