Haven't put corn in feeders yet ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
    And it doesn't look like ill have time to go before opening weekend .
    So I guess I'm going to put the hand corn to the ultimate test. I going to try the vanilla out also .
    Any other ideas guys? I hunt on a lease so moving around alot isn't possible .

We've had so much rain doubt they touch a lot till later in the season anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
      x2

it probably isn't hurting you that bad, but I try to get them going by august 1 each year through Feb. This year my cousin has been taking care of them. When I eventually move back home, I will probably feed all year.

Comment

I know your not talking about Gillespie county. We got a few started Labor day weekend and it is DRYDRYDRY up there. Pond was down 6'. But it did look like it rained up there last week We just need some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx-Burt View Post
          I know your not talking about Gillespie county. We got a few started Labor day weekend and it is DRYDRYDRY up there. Pond was down 6'. But it did look like it rained up there last week We just need some more.

No my home county. Hardin County.

Comment

Go heavy with the doe in heat lure and hand corn you'll be fine. If you can get some on the ground the day before season your set.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. I've been working doubles and haven't had time to keep up around the house on my days off. I'll be hand corning and hoping for the best.

Who suggested peppermint candy??? And is that a pea gravel thing???

Comment

BTBoy run to Doughets and get some rice bran n mix it with some sweet feed and scatter the hell out of it. I called today and they are selling rice bran $240 a ton.

Comment

Just a big ole pile of corn will emit enough smell to draw them in. I dumped 100# of corn out last week and it's already gone...

Comment

Originally posted by Hogdude1234 View Post
                    Just a big ole pile of corn will emit enough smell to draw them in. I dumped 100# of corn out last week and it's already gone...

Lmao. Not where he's at. If he dumps that much corn in one spot at dark, the next morning he might fall into a hole the size of a VW Beetle. Lol!

Comment

I haven't used a feeder in several years. I only hand corn when I'm there and haven't had any problems seeing a lot of deer.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                        And it doesn't look like ill have time to go before opening weekend .
                        So I guess I'm going to put the hand corn to the ultimate test. I going to try the vanilla out also .
                        Any other ideas guys? I hunt on a lease so moving around alot isn't possible .
                        BTB..you hunt in East Texas.....there are no deer there....I know you frequent this site often, you should already know this! Save your money for spotlights and beer.

Comment

Not the case at our place in SETX, filled feeders for the first time since last year and had deer within the week. Also dumped 40 lbs at my bow stand and there was very little left the next weekend. All deer on the hand corn, not a single hog picture.

Comment

Been feeding for 4 weeks have had deer since 3rd day, tilled up food plots and within 48 hrs pigs everywhere none on camera prior to tilling, they can smell that fresh soil from a long way.Not exactly what I hoped for

Comment

Used to hunt Angelina county, we'd feed for months ahead of season. Had one guy that would show up the day before and go dump 50 lbs by his stand. Killed a good buck every year on opening morning - didn't even own a feeder. We wouldn't see anything, guess he was in the right spot.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                                Not the case at our place in SETX, filled feeders for the first time since last year and had deer within the week. Also dumped 40 lbs at my bow stand and there was very little left the next weekend. All deer on the hand corn, not a single hog picture.

Dang. It musta dodged y'all big time!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X