No announcement yet.

Hunting old school ;-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice looking blind! However, you are supposed to high fence in the game, not the hunters! I kid, I kid. My Dad told me to sit in the snow up against a tree, your kids have it made

Comment

I carried a sharpie with me when i took the kids and they kept a journal on the wall of all the stands we hunted in. What & how many we saw, If something funny happened. It is great when we sit in those same stands years later to read about our adventures from long ago. My kids are high school and college age and still make sure to have a sharpie with them when we go hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
        I carried a sharpie with me when i took the kids and they kept a journal on the wall of all the stands we hunted in. What & how many we saw, If something funny happened. It is great when we sit in those same stands years later to read about our adventures from long ago. My kids are high school and college age and still make sure to have a sharpie with them when we go hunt.

Thats one of the coolest traditions Ive heard of!

Comment

Originally posted by bluelund79 View Post
          Nice looking blind! However, you are supposed to high fence in the game, not the hunters! I kid, I kid. My Dad told me to sit in the snow up against a tree, your kids have it made
          My dad made me sit in the snow in Colorado many times.
          I think it makes a man out of ya

Comment

Originally posted by sports View Post
            This is awesome!

Nice blind build too!

Comment

Blind looks great. The old weathered wood sure blends in well and makes it look natural.

Comment

Reviving an old one here. I’m wanting to use old fence pickets to skin a blind but what is the ideal way to seal behind them? I thought of tar paper but not sure how long that will last. Any other ideas?

Comment

Very nice and very natural looking. Put a couple pieces of dome shaped conduit on top and a tarp and no rain on the noggin! Hunted out of some like that for a long time!

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

That looks like a world-class setup to me---you could have had them sitting on the ground, with the ticks and chiggers. Did you set it in the middle of a poison ivy patch?

Comment

Man I never will forget hunting w my dad out of similar blinds, nearly froze to death many times I thought! Lol. Great memories! Good job

Comment

They all look like that

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSMC View Post
                            Reviving an old one here. I’m wanting to use old fence pickets to skin a blind but what is the ideal way to seal behind them? I thought of tar paper but not sure how long that will last. Any other ideas?
                            Man this was a long time ago. Still use that blind from time to time.
                            It still has all the gaps between the pickets. I have used a little buddy in it and never got cold neither did the kids. But if I wanted to seal it better I’d line the inside with either large political signs or you can buy 1/2” foam boards for a couple bucks each and cut to fit with a knife. Maybe liquid nails in place or screws with washers.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X