2014 Panhandle Rut/Hunting Report Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tef View Post
    Ok fellas, either I missed the post or the rut itself, but.....when did it happen???
    I've had guys swearing it's always the week of TG, then others saying first week in Dec., and now saying it hasn't happened yet. I'm confused! Lol. What do y'all think? Is it over, just one of those years when its just not a profound rut etc.? I saw chasing in Foard co opening weekend but all of our guys said it was just the young ones being frisky but idk, thinking its over now, may be close to second rut but this is only my second season out there so idk. It has been a horrible season for me. Landowner has gotten money hungry with cattle prices so high, he started running way too many head, land is pure dirt, severly over grazed. It was lush in early Fall but there isnt a blade of grass! Not to mention he didnt tell us he was doing that so we lost 2 feeders! We are looking for new place in area, if know of something would appreciate any info or help. Thanks

Let me know if you find anything in the area, I may be interested if there are any extra spots.

Comment

Head out to Lakeview tomm night!!! By sun up Friday I will b sittin on mulberry creek trying to put a tag on a big one to end a frustratin year!! Anybody huntin or headed out?!?

Comment

My guess is first week of December again for rut in my area. It's all but over now... and if we beat Albany Friday I'll get zero hunting in until after state. But watch out xmas break I'm rolling in hard ready to put the smack down on something.

Comment

Boy are rut has slowed down in WHEELER

Comment

I guess no one is hunting in the panhandle anymore. Haven't seen any updates or successful harvests since Monday.

Comment

Only seeing mule deer. I think the whitetail have gone north for the winter. It's fun fighting off mosquitoes in the middle of December.

Comment

Originally posted by Redraider View Post
                I guess no one is hunting in the panhandle anymore. Haven't seen any updates or successful harvests since Monday.
                I've been working and my son has been busy with school stuff. He will probably go tonight. Let yall know if he sees anything.

Comment

I've had great late season success before and I know I'm not the only one. So, keep at it!

Comment

BBD. Pics to come when I get to a comp.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Way to go Coach. That didn't take long.

Comment

That was quick

Comment

Way to go coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                              BBD. Pics to come when I get to a comp.
                              Can't wait! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats coach. Looking forward to some pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X