Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
    Reported. Again.

Sir, as the OP, I bear some responsibility for this thread. You are welcome to post your rut reports and hunting successes or failures, etc. But, it is up to each person to determine whether to shoot or not, based on their observations and knowledge about their property.

I am sure you may have some knowledge and valuable opinions on management but that is for another thread. Please start one if you feel the need. But this thread is NOT for debating the merits of management based on YOUR observations, nor is it for chiding other hunters for shooting what you wouldn't.

I respectfully ask you not to post in this thread unless it is in accordance with the purposes of it.
    Well said brother !!!!

Comment

I went out this morning. Saw 8 does and 1 buck. The buck was chasing.
      I pulled my camera cards and it looks like rut was on pretty good 11/20 thru 11/26.
      I didn't see any broken horns

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        2 of our group, Denson and his brother nailed very good bucks this weekend. Denson shot a very nice 8 with a 19" inside spread and his brother, Blake, shot a very good 9 with s split brow tine. Zero does seen though, all bucks, but the hocks are getting really dark on the mature ones and they seem to be looking for some female company. Hopefully Denson will post picks later on.
        Here is a pic of the 2 bucks Denson and Blake shot last weekend. One Sat morning and one Sunday morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9193.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	24349656

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
          Reported. Again.

Sir, as the OP, I bear some responsibility for this thread. You are welcome to post your rut reports and hunting successes or failures, etc. But, it is up to each person to determine whether to shoot or not, based on their observations and knowledge about their property.

I am sure you may have some knowledge and valuable opinions on management but that is for another thread. Please start one if you feel the need. But this thread is NOT for debating the merits of management based on YOUR observations, nor is it for chiding other hunters for shooting what you wouldn't.

I respectfully ask you not to post in this thread unless it is in accordance with the purposes of it.
          Post of the year candidate!

Comment

Here is a pic of the 2 bucks Denson and Blake shot last weekend. One Sat morning and one Sunday morning.

[ATTACH]675233[/ATTACH]
            Awesome bucks! Congrats to them both!

Comment

[ATTACH]675233[/ATTACH]
              Nice deer !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                Post of the year candidate!
                Too bad I had to make it.

And great bucks to the hunters above.

My Texas season closed with no deer taken. Saw lots of does and several bucks, but the "one" never showed himself. It's all good though. I got to spend time on my own land with friends and family and that's really what it's all about.

I've had a great season in Kansas though. I took a doe in the early firearms season and a 149" 8 point with an arrow. I'll be back at to tomorrow for opening day of the main firearms season for one more doe.

Best of luck to those who are still at it and keep the reports coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                  Hi Jeff,
                  Yes, I was trying to find a doe for the freezer.
                  I should have called.
                  I'll be back up around Christmas and will holler.
                  Yep, do that. Will have an old friend of mine I grew up with here home for the holidays, and I am sure we will be up around that area putting some fur on the ground at some point.

Here in the next week or two I need to go shoot a doe for my mother, she wants a good one for the freezer. And my daughter wants to shoot another as well. Still have some hunting left to do.

Comment

Great bucks. Congrats.

Comment

Nice bucks!

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Had a new 10 point show up Saturday.
                        Sorry for the poor video quality, its from my phone looking through a fogged up window.
                        I hope he stays around, but he sure doesn't like jumping those hog panels.

Bucks were chasing does in my pasture.
                        Good luck everybody.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nb1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	24349741

Comment

Nice bucks taken!

Hope that buck is around for you next year Clark! He's already a stud IMO.

Comment

All the little bucks were some what chasing tonight but the bigger deer were tending does. Every deer I saw tonight was broken.

I busted out the Savage tonight and hunted a new feeder. We don't even have any stands set yet. I piled up under a cedar tree with cut limbs piled around me. And wouldn't you know he came within 20 yards if me.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! Great buck!

Comment

Good buck

Comment

Working...
                                X