No announcement yet.

What's with aggie pride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of colleges are like this. Go outside of Texas and no one cares about A&M. That's not a dig, that's the truth.

Now if you really want to examine a true cult following, go find some former Marines.

Comment

Originally posted by ddcainjr View Post
      I wish UT was more like A&M with this. They really look out for each other, they will hire each other and treat each other with a lot more respect than what I see from UT alumni.
      Are you a UT grad?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        ^ He thought he was being clever...but he's not.
        Agreed. Ridiculous how juvenile some of the comments are. Oh well, explains whey they aren't Aggies!

Gig'em 09

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Aggie Spirit:

From the outside looking in, you can't understand it.

From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.
          This pretty much sums up an Aggie for me.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409252337.198029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	24325776

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
            Answer me this question?

Why are they so many people who scream Aggie yet when you ask them the year they graduated they say Blinn or oh my friends went there? I have a friend who is everything Aggie. Never took a freaking class. Now her future husband has all Aggie stuff and I don't even think he went to college. Always saying btho out of whoever. Baffling to me
            I guarantee this happens 10 times more with Longhorn fans. I have a friend that didn't go there, but joined "Texes Exes" some could get the stickers and plate frame....and they they let him.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              I got a little story for you ags....

The truth is a degree from A&M has a high return on investment... and being a public school, has a lower required investment.

Will it be degraded by the diploma mill it is becoming over the next few years and dilute the solidarity or do you think the links grow stronger in the chain as it grows and expands across the country?

Comment

Answer me this question?

Why are they so many people who scream Aggie yet when you ask them the year they graduated they say Blinn or oh my friends went there? I have a friend who is everything Aggie. Never took a freaking class. Now her future husband has all Aggie stuff and I don't even think he went to college. Always saying btho out of whoever. Baffling to me

I probably know 15 or 20 people personally that are exactly like that and it drives me nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                  I don't understand the whole 12th man thing.. I mean, I know what it's all about but it seems like half the universities in the US have a 12th man?
                  Yes sir, you are right, a whole bunch of other institutions have adopted the term " 12th Man", and that's ok I guess, but Texas A&M adopted the term a whole lot earlier than anybody else did, dating all the way back to 1922.

Just in case you need a second opinion, follow link.
                  http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/team/12thman.html

Comment

I feel that the tradition was started with the schools military past and has carried on since then.

You see the same pride in all of our different military branches.
                    Just an opinion of a UT "bandwagon" fan. Since my diploma doesn't say Austin on it.

Most of my family are aggs and I grew up in CS.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      Will it be degraded by the diploma mill it is becoming over the next few years and dilute the solidarity or do you think the links grow stronger in the chain as it grows and expands across the country?
                      Diploma mill, in what sense?

Comment

Sounds like someone is jealyy they aren't an aggie

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                          I don't understand the whole 12th man thing.. I mean, I know what it's all about but it seems like half the universities in the US have a 12th man?
                          We pride ourselves on having an awesome fan base.

Comment

These pics don't even get into the tradition of male cheerleaders.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Answer me this question?

Haha I don't know many aggies who do that, but I'll tell you every longhorn I know is a "shirt wearer".

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
                                Diploma mill, in what sense?
                                Rick Perry has an agenda and his sights aren't set on TAMU alone, he's just much further along in the process when it comes to his alma mater!
                                Last edited by Chad C; 08-28-2014, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X