No announcement yet.

College Station jobs??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saltgrass is hiring hostesses and servers. I think they are opening in 2-3 week. Its just north of WD Fitch off the feeder

Comment

My daughters have worked at restaurants off-campus but for their first year I preferred they go through The University. She can likely get one at the College she is in or at the library for that College. Those jobs keep them on-campus. Aoother plus is they get to know teachers and the staff. Mine have also been note-takers in classes. Lots of upside to this. They have to be in class, take detailed notes, get to know professors, helps their grades and they get paid! Mine made about $500+ per semester. Ol' Dad liked this.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
        Saltgrass is hiring hostesses and servers. I think they are opening in 2-3 week. Its just north of WD Fitch off the feeder
        Gotta be 18 for that one. I went and checked for my daughter. Not sure how old the OPs daughter is.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai View Post
          Gotta be 18 for that one. I went and checked for my daughter. Not sure how old the OPs daughter is.
          I shouldnt have assumed. That is good to know though. Im kinda excited for Saltgrass to open.

Good luck and Ill be kepping my eyes open ..

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
            I shouldnt have assumed. That is good to know though. Im kinda excited for Saltgrass to open.

Good luck and Ill be kepping my eyes open ..
            Me too. I live walking distance from there, we'll have to have a beer sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai View Post
              Me too. I live walking distance from there, we'll have to have a beer sometime.
              Nice. Im right off Victoria. Sounds like a plan.

Comment

When I was at A&M I worked at a Prosperity Bank as a part time teller. They worked with my class schedule to figure out a good work schedule.

Other places that friends of mine worked at:
                Fishdaddy's
                Target
                Bus Driver for the university
                Front desk at the Rec center
                Tutor for the athletics department
                Tanning salons around town (girls, obviously)
                Victoria's Secret (surprisingly a football player I was good friends with)
                Random bars on Northgate (barbacks, bartenders, shot girls, etc... goooood money in all that)
                The food industry isn't bad, but in College Station, a lot of my friends made good money while surprisingly working less hours by working at bars. You work your butt off a night or two a week and a day or two a week, but overall everyone I knew that worked at one loved it and made a ton of friends working there too.

Comment

Does she like to drive or is she inclined to drive?

I ask because I was a bus driver, and freakin loved it! You can basically pick how many hours per week you work down to 12/wk. the schedule is pretty flexible and the job is simple. If you kick it in gear and get your license quickly they start you at $8.15/hr, which is pretty good up there.

Comment

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
                    Whats her major? We hire civil engineering students for the most part but I can certainly set her up with an interview. Texas A&M Transportation Institute is where I call home
                    As in TBH discounts on parking tickets?!

There all day yesterday moving in the daughter and her roomies. She loves it down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                      As in TBH discounts on parking tickets?!

There all day yesterday moving in the daughter and her roomies. She loves it down there.
                      I was there yesterday moving the boy in, he is not on campus but is over off spring loop at laurel ridge apts.

Comment

Tell her to come work at Gander Mountain so you can get in on the discounts!

I'm pretty sure they're hiring in a couple departments

Comment

I was a counselor at Brazos Valley Museum and worked at Target

Comment

Good info here. Thanks for gettin' it going Swat!

Comment

Football parole officer?

Comment

College Station jobs??

She's still looking if anyone has any openings?

Comment

Working...
                                X