Governor Perry Indicted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Governor Perry Indicted?

Looks like it. First Texas Governor indicted in nearly 100 years.

Was just searching for a thread about this. He stands up for Texas and then this happens.....coincidence?

Comment

Hmmm. Me smell a rat.

Comment

Rut roh....

Comment

Originally posted by jakhunter View Post
          Was just searching for a thread about this. He stands up for Texas and then this happens.....coincidence?
          Yea, I don't know. Can't tell from the article if it's political nonsense or if he really did cross some line.

Comment

For abuse of power??? Good LORD I think I'm going crazy!!!!!!!

Comment

being indicted is not being convicted.

Comment

Politics

Comment

Yawn, just more political shenanigans.

Comment

Uhhh, I think I know someone in a higher office doing worse..........

Comment

Here's a little excerpt from the Houston Comical. Not a fan of Perry, but it doesn't seem like he was being all that unreasonable in the matter.

AUSTIN — A grand jury indicted Gov. Rick Perry on two counts of Friday, accusing him of abusing his veto power by threatening to withhold funding from the Travis County's public corruption unit if the district attorney did not resign following her drunken driving arrest.

The Travis County grand jury, led by special prosecutor Mike McCrum, indicted Perry on one count of abuse of official capacity, a first-degree felony, and coercion of a public servant, a third-degree felony.

The punishment range for the first count is 5 to 99 years in prison and on the second count, 2 to 10 years in prison,McCrum said.

"I'm ready to go forward," McCrum said. Asked about the effect on Perry carrying out his duties or eyeing higher office, McCrum said, "I took into account we're talking about the governor of a state... When it gets down to it, the law is the law."

Grand jurors for months have been looking into whether Perry violated the law last year when he said he'd kill funding for the Travis County district attorney's public corruption division unless District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg resigned after a messy drunken-driving arrest.

Perry carried through on the veto threat when Lehmberg stayed on the job.

Comment

Just saw this too... the article is pretty vague. Kinda smells funny to me too based on the timing. Will have to research more before I give my final opinion...

Comment

Anyone remember Ronnie Earle?

Comment

anybody want to guess the party rosemary lenmberg belongs to?

Comment

What's "two counts of friday"

Comment

Working...
                              X