Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
    This thread is golden. I read where folks talked about deer funnels on here. Well yesterday I went to my dads house that has a natural deer funnel. His house is backed up to the national forrest. On the opposite side of his property is pasture with a wooded section connecting the national forrest to woods on the other side. He used to let a guy bow hunt in there. So I decided to go set up in that funnel area. Asap I hopped the fence and got into the woods I jumped a buck. Well his stupid dog followed me and spooked the deer. I didn't have a shot but in less than 5 minutes I saw promise. I found me a huge pine tree that overlooks to cleared lanes that I'm going to set a tree stand up on. I plan on discing the lanes and planting food plots. Thanks to those who have added to this thread I now have a new project.
    That has "HoneyHole" written all over it! Good luck

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Comment

I so need doe permits. [emoji35]

Comment

**** squirrel!!!! He was about 15-16 inches. 7 point. Just as I snapped the pic a Fox Squirrel limbed out over to the right. He was only a 3 year old so I wouldn't have shot him. There was a a broken racked buck about 25 yards to the right in the thicket that took off that I didn't see.

Comment

Two years ago today, I was sitting with Dad when he busted a 184 inch deer. Last year he killed a mid 30s 8pt in the same spot in late December. Right now, I have an ancient old 8pt coming in that sanctuary pretty regular. I call him LongBeam because when he eats that vanilla corn, he jams his main beams in the ground and almost always has a ball of mud on the tips. He isnt a giant by most folks standards but has great tine length and beam length.

He has been coming every morning and evening and I have been holding him for a client. This week we located a larger 8pt for the client and i put out a few feelers on this deer but didnt get much interest. Im kinda glad. Dad has a tag left! The last two evenings, he didnt get there until 555pm but i think we will go give him a whirl this evening. Maybe he will be ten minutes early. He was there untill afterday break this morning. He has really grown on me after a few thousand pics. Hes too old get any better as well. We will see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              Two years ago today, I was sitting with Dad when he busted a 184 inch deer. Last year he killed a mid 30s 8pt in the same spot in late December. Right now, I have an ancient old 8pt coming in that sanctuary pretty regular. I call him LongBeam because when he eats that vanilla corn, he jams his main beams in the ground and almost always has a ball of mud on the tips. He isnt a giant by most folks standards but has great tine length and beam length.

He has been coming every morning and evening and I have been holding him for a client. This week we located a larger 8pt for the client and i put out a few feelers on this deer but didnt get much interest. Im kinda glad. Dad has a tag left! The last two evenings, he didnt get there until 555pm but i think we will go give him a whirl this evening. Maybe he will be ten minutes early. He was there untill afterday break this morning. He has really grown on me after a few thousand pics. Hes too old get any better as well. We will see how it goes.

I thought your wife was gonna go get em?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post

Checked in!

Comment

I kinda like him. Not even close to the biggest deer we have had on camera though.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Good luck GG!

Comment

yep! Good luck!

Comment

Good luck!! Checked in.

Comment

Good luck, that sucker is old. How do you keep the hogs of your corn piles? Every time I find a good spot, I corn it and get good pics for about two days, then the hogs move in on me

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                            Good luck, that sucker is old. How do you keep the hogs of your corn piles? Every time I find a good spot, I corn it and get good pics for about two days, then the hogs move in on me

Kill the hogs

Comment

I hope y'all have a great hunt this evening

Comment

Soak it up bud! Father and son hunts are priceless! I can remember every detail to everyone of my hunts with my old man. Get choked up more during deer season than any other time of the year knowing he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X