No announcement yet.

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jooger are y'all still seeing pretty decent deer movement on your lease? Ours seems to have slowed to a crawl. I'm not even getting pictures of does.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Jooger are y'all still seeing pretty decent deer movement on your lease? Ours seems to have slowed to a crawl. I'm not even getting pictures of does.

I'm tagged out over there, I haven't been back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

LOL Can't say that I blame you for that.

Comment

Oh, one more thing.... That is a beautiful night time pic! Great job. The swing in the background helps tell the story.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Oh, one more thing.... That is a beautiful night time pic! Great job. The swing in the background helps tell the story.

That stupid looking 60" lightbar across the front of that truck has dang sure come in handy this deer season.

Comment

That stupid looking 60" lightbar across the front of that truck has dang sure come in handy this deer season.

Lmao! It lit up half the forest behind you as well.

Comment

I still got tags. And all I've killed are dinks this year. I show up week after next. [emoji13]

Comment

Jooger, GarGuy I've got a question for y'all. My feeder has been almost totally devoid of deer activity this year, certainly with respect to mature bucks (and all does for that matter). My feeder sits on an old dozer path adjacent to an SMZ on one side and is surrounded by 14 year old pines on all sides. My stand is 105 yards due south on said dozer path.

Would it be worth a shot to shut my feeder off, maybe even move it out of sight, and just corn the hell out of the road, say starting 60 - 70 yards from my stand and going back to where my feeder is? I can see another 15 yards or so beyond that, so I've got a little extra room to play with there.

Anyway, the status quo ain't working so trying to figure out what else I can do.

Comment

I'd leave the feeder running and find the trails paralleling the bulldozer path through the thickest stuff there and hard corn it heavy. Bucks are locked down with does for the most part but will start to tolerate each other a lot more in the next couple of weeks. Acorns are running lower and it won't be long and they'll be back on the corn.

Comment

I'd leave the feeder running and find the trails paralleling the bulldozer path through the thickest stuff there and hard corn it heavy. Bucks are locked down with does for the most part but will start to tolerate each other a lot more in the next couple of weeks. Acorns are running lower and it won't be long and they'll be back on the corn.

Man I hope you're right! I've got some completely different sets since this past weekend and I'm staying out of there for the next two weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                        Man I hope you're right! I've got some completely different sets since this past weekend and I'm staying out of there for the next two weeks.

Pending the weather things will start getting better about Dec. 15 and will continue to get better into January. Me I'm looking forward to muzzleloader season!

Comment

Pending the weather things will start getting better about Dec. 15 and will continue to get better into January. Me I'm looking forward to muzzleloader season!

Fingers crossed! I'm still bow hunting but I can't get my eyes on a shooter yet. Now I'm fighting a dog problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
                            Fingers crossed! I'm still bow hunting but I can't get my eyes on a shooter yet. Now I'm fighting a dog problem.

SSS [emoji15]

Comment

I have one place I know of I could possibly do this, problem is access. The only way to get to my stand and feeder is that dozer path (it comes in off a pipeline to the south). The pine stands that surround my area are almost impenetrable.

This spot I speak of is an old path I'd cut where my feeder used to be (it's about 30 yards behind where my feeder is now). The problem here is that the canopy is too low. If I was going to corn and hunt that I'd have to use a ground blind and I'm leary about putting one up now so close to their bedroom where they can literally come from anywhere. Do you think I'm being too cautious, or would a ground blind work if I brushed it in well?

Or should I hang maybe hang a leanto in the SMZ near my feeder (I've got a 22'er not doing anything now) and dump corn in there? I'm hesitant to go too far beyond where my feeder is because, like I said, the deer can come from anywhere, and I know they're bedding nearby, and I don't want to risk bumping them out. Especially a mature buck.
                              Last edited by Etxbuckman; 11-29-2016, 10:33 PM.

Comment

The bucks here in Houston co are starting to group up pretty good. The sanctuaries are filling up!

Comment

Working...
                                X