Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BDBA View Post
    Question: When you say Thicket are you referring to the nastiest stuff you can find. Or just an area that doesn't see that much pressure? Or just an area of the woods? Like some, pature, clear cut, etc.... Been hunting DCNF for some time now and after the past 10 yrs finally see deer almost every hunt. Nothing to the caliber you see. Second time reading this thread. Just waiting till the day I bump into you in the forest. You definitely know how to hunt East Texas.. Thanks for the great stories and info

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Garguy. Do you change the way you hunt in any way when temperatures are warm like we're experiencing now? I have vacation time 23-29 of this month to hunt the dcnf,but kind of disappointed in the forecast.

Comment

I like to fish and dig arrowheads in weather like this but the bucks are fighting like crazy right now. The week you took is historically the best of the year in the DCNF.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          I like to fish and dig arrowheads in weather like this but the bucks are fighting like crazy right now. The week you took is historically the best of the year in the DCNF.
          Have you had any luck yet this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            Have you had any luck yet this year?
            We have not shot any yet. Our number one has started getting regular though. Im hoping Thursday evening gets him killed. I took a kid after a big 8pt yesterday but he didnt show.

Comment

Friday and Saturday are supposed to be cooler,unfortunately I'll miss those days. But looking forward to watching daybreak around that white oak in the thicket. And hearing the sound of an approaching deer. Thanks for the input Garguy.

Comment

i like this thread because it brings new light to hunting over or around feeders. Thanks.

Comment

Can you tell much about the size of deer by their rubs? I've always thought big rub means big buck. But I never really see what I would consider to be huge. The spot I'm planning had a lot of rubs last year in a very small area. Maybe 30 on a 20 yard circle and that's not counting the rubs from years past. But most were groups or clusters of finger sized trees, a bunch broke or twisted off. The largest was maybe close to Coke bottle size. Any thoughts?

Comment

The Coke bottle sized rub wasn't broke off though lol. Should have been more explanatory.

Comment

Another question bugging me is I've read that using a flashlight on the way from your deerstand scares the deer. I agree if it's being used wreck less. But they went on to say they go without a flashlight and I'm thinking how is that even possible. And has anyone on here had a better success rate using a light with red or other colored lense? Any input will be very appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobalt84 View Post
                        Another question bugging me is I've read that using a flashlight on the way from your deerstand scares the deer. I agree if it's being used wreck less. But they went on to say they go without a flashlight and I'm thinking how is that even possible. And has anyone on here had a better success rate using a light with red or other colored lense? Any input will be very appreciated.
                        I almost never use a light. Its a little dangerous around public land though. I do have better than average night vision. If I have to use a light, I cover it with my hand and use just the crack between fingers to look almost directly down.

Comment

A broke off coke bottle sized rub would be big to me. Big rubs mean MATURE bucks. Little rubs can mean any size bucks. cameras decide for me which it is.

Comment

Carguy, I have read a few of your write ups in the past and always thoroughly enjoyed them. Then I stumbled across this one. As soon as I started reading it, I KNEW I've heard this before, so I googled it. I was right.

Please tell me that this is your website

Comment

haha... yessirr. Gonna go get em soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
                                Carguy, I have read a few of your write ups in the past and always thoroughly enjoyed them. Then I stumbled across this one. As soon as I started reading it, I KNEW I've heard this before, so I googled it. I was right.

Please tell me that this is your website
                                That is Jooger's website, it list Garguy(Steve Barclay) as the author.

Comment

Working...
                                X