Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
    Have you guys been seeing lots of small undeveloped acorns falling lately in east Tx? I just noticed a lot of this last weekend. I'm hoping that is going to mean a poor crop this year?

Chootum!
    I know a lot of the pin oaks around my parents placed dropped a bunch of the small ones a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
      Have you guys been seeing lots of small undeveloped acorns falling lately in east Tx? I just noticed a lot of this last weekend. I'm hoping that is going to mean a poor crop this year?

Chootum!
      Yeah dry weather was knocking a lot but most of east tx got 1.5 inches of rain last week. Pretty much stopped the cast off.

Comment

Pressured Deer Are EASY To Pattern

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Yeah dry weather was knocking a lot but most of east tx got 1.5 inches of rain last week. Pretty much stopped the cast off.

Not at my place. My food plots are pretty much burned up now.

Chootum!

Comment

Good read
          Thanks

Comment

This will be the best season east Tx has ever experienced if the massive acorn crop doesnt keep folks from killing them.
            Save 2013, it does seem like we've had a lot of bumper crops of acorns the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Comment

Bring on the acorns! Way too many 3-4yo deer that have never seen hard times that need to find rocks to crawl under.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                Bring on the acorns! Way too many 3-4yo deer that have never seen hard times that need to find rocks to crawl under.
                Isn't that the truth! Saw a bunch of nice 3 year olds get shot last year.

Comment

I haven't done any acorn scouting yet this year (except for the handful of Sawtooth oaks I have that are loaded down)...what kind of crop are we expecting?

Comment

Originally posted by jay07ag View Post
                    I haven't done any acorn scouting yet this year (except for the handful of Sawtooth oaks I have that are loaded down)...what kind of crop are we expecting?

It's looking pretty good in my neck of the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This rain is gong to save the acorn crop. I kinda wish we would have a year without so many.

Comment

Great Read!
                        Thanks for sharing guys!

Comment

This rain is gong to save the acorn crop. I kinda wish we would have a year without so many.

Exactly what I've been thinking!

Chootum!

Comment

x2 It sure makes it tough when they almost don't have to move at all.

Comment

Wednesday evening, the rain stopped about 730. I knew I had some bucks coming to a spot so i sneaked over there with my binos. Sure enough, here they came. 13 bucks in a group. I never even looked at several of the whoppers because i was so stunned by two of them. They were deer i know well and recognized easily. One is only four yeas old. he was a 14 inch typical ten last year with kickers off his brows and 2s. He is about 18 inches this year with crazy tine length and a bunch of kickers...I never actually counted his kickers because of the other buck!

He is a wide ten. CRAZY wide ten. Hes only five years old but if we can kill him this will be his last year on vanilla corn. As I watched, I became aware that my knees were shaking. I mean actually knocking together. Im reminded how grateful i am to be blessed with the opportunity to experience Gods greatness another year. Just thought I would share. After all these years, big bucks still get to me.

Comment

Wednesday evening, the rain stopped about 730. I knew I had some bucks coming to a spot so i sneaked over there with my binos. Sure enough, here they came. 13 bucks in a group. I never even looked at several of the whoppers because i was so stunned by two of them. They were deer i know well and recognized easily. One is only four yeas old. he was a 14 inch typical ten last year with kickers off his brows and 2s. He is about 18 inches this year with crazy tine length and a bunch of kickers...I never actually counted his kickers because of the other buck!

He is a wide ten. CRAZY wide ten. Hes only five years old but if we can kill him this will be his last year on vanilla corn. As I watched, I became aware that my knees were shaking. I mean actually knocking together. Im reminded how grateful i am to be blessed with the opportunity to experience Gods greatness another year. Just thought I would share. After all these years, big bucks still get to me.

WHAT??? No pics...

Gonna be up that way pokin around for a bit tomorrow. Rain should have the ground good and quiet

Comment

Working...
                                X