• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another stud!! Were you familiar with him?? Congrats to the young man

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
      Another stud!! Were you familiar with him?? Congrats to the young man
      Oh yeah. Had thousands of pics of that deer and had passed him with a bow. 4 year old with a ton of potential. I did not expect him to walk out as the first deer though. This was really a doe hunt but since me nor Sam were with them..... Heck, If I had been there it would have been hard for me to tell that kid he couldnt shoot that deer!

Congrats to him!

Comment

Great smile for a great deer, and look at his grip on those antlers!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
          Old! Here they are.
          Old Donkey there!

And man that buck woulda been SO BIG in 2 years...but congrats to the kid

Comment

Here is a 7 year old deer we named teardrop because he had a litte drop tine way out on his beam. He was a regular an i knew him all his life. Dad and I had him at 20yds and he shot at the deer with a cross bow in an open food plot.

Something weird happened. I was watching with binos and never saw the bolt. The deer ran off with no blood trail and I never found the bolt even inperfectly clean ground. After that, Dad wasnt very interested in hunting him and decided he didnt want to burn that tag on him anyway.

We talked about the deer and decided to let one of sams friends hunt him as he was coming every day. It was a thirty minute rifle hunt at 50yds. Great shot and he put the deer on the wall. This is the only pic I have handy but it isnt a great representation of the deer. He is better than he looks here.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow - I just caught up, y'all have been dropping the hammer. Do you do consultant work? My dad has been on a lease in Angelina county for years and hasn't connected on a good deer in quite sometime. I was on it for many years and didn't experience much success either. I'm going to have him read this thread and try to employ your tactics. If we run into trouble we might hire you to come check it out and advise I truly believe that lease is some of the hardest hunting around.

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                Wow - I just caught up, y'all have been dropping the hammer. Do you do consultant work? My dad has been on a lease in Angelina county for years and hasn't connected on a good deer in quite sometime. I was on it for many years and didn't experience much success either. I'm going to have him read this thread and try to employ your tactics. If we run into trouble we might hire you to come check it out and advise I truly believe that lease is some of the hardest hunting around.
                I would enjoy coming out and riding around with you but heck, most folks wouldnt hunt the way i do if I told them how.

Comment

I would enjoy coming out and riding around with you but heck, most folks wouldnt hunt the way i do if I told them how.
                  Sir,
                  I would like to know how you hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                    Sir,
                    I would like to know how you hunt.
                    It's called Passion and Dedication. This fella figured out a good while back on how to LIVE. If you want to kill a big mature buck then you need to prepare yourself to put the time in (dedication) and have a deep passion for the outdoors in general.

Garguy's table of bone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	garguybucks.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	24424210

Comment

GarGuy should write a book

Comment

Heck I skipped the book and went straight to making a movie!

Comment

That would be a lot of Big Chief Tablets.
                          [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2][emoji12][emoji13]

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                            That would be a lot of Big Chief Tablets.
                            [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji2][emoji12][emoji13]
                            And crayons if you want color pics!

Comment

And crayons if you want color pics!

Lol!!!! [emoji12]

Comment

Heck I skipped the book and went straight to making a movie!
                                Yes sir. Either way it would be a bestseller and a sell out.

Comment

Working...
                                X