Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need another nephew Garguy? Lol

Comment

Congrats. Not many people get it done as consistently as you do. Hats off to you!!

Comment

Another year and another pile of east tx trophies!! Congrats on a fine season my friend

Comment

Great job GarGuy love seeing the kiddos smile, making memories that will last a lifetime.

Comment

Two nice bucks!

Comment

Did you make 20 garguy?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                Did you make 20 garguy?
                No. It might happen yet though. Might do a black powder hunt if the right buck cooperates. Might let the kids shoot a couple more does too.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Do you have a designated "Stand" or just an area? If you have an area, even a small move can do it with hand corn. Im hunting within a couple hundred yards of feeders. Tons of mature deer on the handcorn and not a single pic of them at the feeders. Also, property where a stand has been in place for years educates a generation of deer that they are being hunted from the spot.
                  We basically have designated stands, but we can move/change at any point after a season as long as we're so far from somebody else. My stands have only been in place for 2 years and have been hunted very little so hopefully we're not educating to many mature deer. My plan for next year is to move the feeders and keep them going to keep the girls in the area and then concentrate on some corn piles around the thick stuff. We always hand feed, but have never tried piles. I'm guessing the mature bucks prefer the piles over the spread hand corn because the food source is a smaller area that they can dominate/control? Thanks again and congrats on all the success!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
                    You need another nephew Garguy? Lol
                    I was thinking I might move a camper down to your place!

Comment

Yesterday, I had a friend on one of my sanctuary stands. There was a really heavy and high 8pt coming in with a decent antlered but old 9pt like clockwork. 30 minutes before dark, the old 9pt rolled in alone. Mark watched him until he saw he was going to have to spook the deer to get down so he did what he should have done....he slung an arrow through his lungs at 20yds.
                      How old do you think he was? Any camera pics?

Comment

I was thinking I might move a camper down to your place!
                        It's cold in a camper, spare bedroom is cozy.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                          How old do you think he was? Any camera pics?
                          Old! Here they are.
                          Attached Files

Comment

My pastors son killed this 14pt opening day of youth season on my place. They rained out that morning and I ran to Crockett and had lunch with a group of TBHers. When i got home at 120pm they were sitting in the front yard with the deer in the truck. My pastor who isnt a hunter said its crazy that we get up and freeze early in the morning. They just got in the stand at 1215 and shot him at 1245.

Kids first buck.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by GarGuy; 01-07-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

That's a happy young man right there. Had every reason to be shooting a buck like that for his first one.

Comment

Thumbs up, Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X